DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Godfather
376 Posts
The buttons, of course, work differently if you are in a pause mode or if the DVR event is playing...we discovered many versions ago that you need to wait a short amount of time between each skip to allow the DVR to "catch-up"...pressing skip-ahead or skip-back too quickly will result in erratic results.

Try using the skip buttons and wait a second before pressing it again...let the DVR display the first frame of each skip command before pressing skip again...this method works reliably for me and my 622.

·
Godfather
376 Posts
John H Jackson said:
And the problem is that during this action it totally loses its place.

I'm thinking that maybe one distinguishing characteristic is that I'm watching cable networks with very long commercial breaks. So I'm skipping forward a bunch of times in rapid succession. Then I have to immediately skip back perhaps 3 times. At at this point, all to often (perhaps on the third backwards skip) it just goes flyin off into the deep.
We discussed this very same subject over a year ago...one thing was noted that really made a big difference, and it requires the customer to be a little more patient.

Doing multiple skips, forward or reverse, if a slight pause is made between each skip (just enough for the DVR to display one frame after the skip) then the over-skip/under-skip problem is all but eliminated..

Very rapid skips seems to cause the DVR to lose its place in time and unpredictable skips sometimes result..

Try using a short pause between pressing the skip button(s) and see if that improves your results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.