DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ray [email protected] Network said:
I am still providing feedback and technical assistance with our equipment to the participants on this site. If I don't have the answer, I have the resources to find the answer. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Thanks.
Ray, this is still an ongoing issue. Our next door neighbors switched to DirectTV because they were so frustrated with this. We have found that doing the "Reprogam your remote" approach - push 'Menu' twice, then the 'SAT' button, then the 'RECORD' button - seems to help for about a week, when the remote will go back to skip forward goes about 30 seconds, skip back goes about 10 seconds, then this problem comes back.
What's even weirder is when this happens if we try to fast forward or fast rewind, they will seem like they're working until you hit play to drop to normal play, and suddenly you're nowhere near where you thought you were. E.G. you're watching a game show and fast forwarding to the last 5 minutes to see who won, you get there, hit play, and you're watching the commercial after where you started from (10 minutes from the beginning).
The issue seems to come up randomly, but once it starts happening, a cold reboot or a reprogram your remote are the only things that MIGHT fix it.
I asked if the Hopper had a similar problem, and the Dish Customer No-Service didn't know the 722k had this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
jkane said:
I have narrowed this problem down to certain channels or shows only. First run shows almost never exhibit the problem. Very old shows like 3rd Rock From the Sun and MASH on TV Land or Reelz are almost guaranteed to skip back to the beginning if the skip back is pressed more than a couple of times in a row.

Dish, use those as examples! And, I am on my 4th 722 in 3 years with this problem.
I've tried, and Dish refused to help with this problem. They did offer to upgrade me to the Hopper for the normal fee plus an adder for doing it early. Wasn't that sweet?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.