DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad fonts but only on the pause line and bottom line of the LIST screen. (see images) BLOCKS rather than text! (3) Vizio TVs - only one has this problem.

DirecTV says it's the TV, VIzio says "no way" "The feature is solely available only in the receiver."

Receiver is a C31-700

Software update 12/15/2015 which is about when the problem started but not necessarily the cause.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
Definitely not the TV. :)

As the client is forming the characters, the background mask is working but the foreground is not being displayed. Either the client is being told a wrong color for those characters or it is applying the background after the foreground, thus making it the foreground. (Or something like that.) :)

As for fix, I don't know of any other than the usual, unplug the C31 for a bit. See if that cleans it up. Or try unplugging the genie. That has usually cleared it up for me, though it has been awhile since I've seen it.

Peace,
Tom

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
This is a known bug. You need to reset the Genie and mini to get back to normal. This is a workaround until DirecTV squashes this one

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
You stand correct on this problem. I too have same issues with both Genie Clients.. with the current sw version. I would have to re-boot Genie and it would correct problems for maybe 2 weeks. Then the same problem re-appears again. Believe this version for the genie may be the issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.