Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had an ice / snowstorm, and I stopped receiving TV on both my
receivers. I have a dish with 3 factory lnb's one has a single port,
and the other 2 are dual ports. When I do a check switch I get a
db1-dual port, and a db2-dual port, but the third ones shows up as not
connected. I have even taken my receiver right out to the dish, and
plugged each lnb directly into the receiver (bypassing the switch) and
ran a check switch, I get the same results db1-dual port, db2-dual
port, and nothing on the third lnb. I don't have signal, but in all this poking around I had to loosen my dish.

It is a super dish, and looking at the dish from the front left to
right single lnb (dead), lnb with dual ports, lnb with dual ports.
What satellites does the dead lnb point to? In the attached jpg the dead lnb is the one on the left. In this configuration (dead lnb) what satellites should I set my receiver to so I can re aim the dish, what about which transponder? I want to make sure everything else is still working before I buy a replacement lnb. Dish wants $50 to come out, and they will charge me whatever it costs to fix my problem.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
you have a SD105 and from L-R

105 (the one that says FSS)

most l;ocals are on 110 now so maybe you dont need the 105 port. Also 105 is lower powered so maybe the dish got out of whack

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I should be able to get a siginal on 110, and 119 using my switch dp34 even if the 105 is dead? Right now I can't seem to find a siginal on 110 or 119, but I'll try harder now that I know which ones is dead.

TonyM said:
you have a SD105 and from L-R

105 (the one that says FSS)

most l;ocals are on 110 now so maybe you dont need the 105 port. Also 105 is lower powered so maybe the dish got out of whack

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it hurt anthing to plug directly from the lnb to the reciever.

Is this an ok way to aim the dish.... coax from 119 lnb to sat in on reciever. Run check switch says dp1 no siginal. Go to aim. Set to sat 119, and transponder 13?

I am doing this, but I can't get a siginal. I have aimed this dish 2 other times no problems, but this time I just can't get a siginal. I had to take the dish off in earlier troubleshooting of the 105 lnb. Is it possible something happend to all 3 lnb's. The 105 lnb is not recongnized by the reciever, but the 110 and 119 are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.