DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got off the phone with dish rep about pixellation on Mtv2 and they said it might be a bad transponder in the lnb. They suggested I take them to the dealer to test them. I figured if I just swapped the 110 and 119 lnbs that would rule out if one of them was bad. I did it and still have the problem. All the connections are tight. It is only on the channels with transponder 21 which I only have a few. I have a signal strength of 112. Any ideas?

· Icon
955 Posts
:lol: :rolling: :rotfl:

Sorry, but this kind of "Tech Support" makes me laugh! :rolleyes:

I'm sure you know the transponders are on the spacecraft, not in the LNBF. If you took your LNBFs to a dealer, do you think he would go out on his roof or whatever & swap them out to "test" them? :shrug:

Sounds like you did it yourself & proved the 119 LNBF was not the problem. :righton:

I don't watch MTV2 a lot so & I havn't noticed a problem but if that's the main Ch you have the problem with I would have to say it's the compression of that feed.

You sort of indicate there might be a similar problem with the other Ch's on that transponder so it might be worth while to log them. Still sounds like an uplink situation, tho. It's not unusual to have worse PQ on one transponder or another.

Wouldn't hurt to email DISH about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.