DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Godfather
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was a very strange evening in Denver. Right in the middle of "Lost" (which was in HD) some other program appeared momentarily (don't know what it was -- just saw what looked like the Washington Square arch in NYC with some music) and then "Lost" came back, in SD. I changed channels and when I came back to ABC, "The Nine" was showing in SD!!!!! Then the screen went totally black and the HR20 went to some other universe. I couldn't even turn it off manually. Did a red button reset and it came back, but neither NBC or ABC were broadcasting in HD ("The Nine" is supposed to be in HD but was in SD; "Dateline" on both NBC channels also was in SD.) The only program that was broadcasting successfully in HD was "CSI: NY" on CBS.

The locals here have been terrible for the last several days. Is there something that we can do to correct this situation??:mad:

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
I watched "Bones" last night off FOX and it was fine here, that was the only program that I had recorded from last night.

I know that Tuesday night was a mess because of all the election stuff going on, NCIS was not in HD, I think it was because they wanted to put the graphics on the bottom of the screen and they can't do that on a 1080i signal or something.

Later
Joe

·
Icon
563 Posts
kram said:
Last night was a very strange evening in Denver. Right in the middle of "Lost" (which was in HD) some other program appeared momentarily (don't know what it was -- just saw what looked like the Washington Square arch in NYC with some music) and then "Lost" came back, in SD. I changed channels and when I came back to ABC, "The Nine" was showing in SD!!!!! Then the screen went totally black and the HR20 went to some other universe. I couldn't even turn it off manually. Did a red button reset and it came back, but neither NBC or ABC were broadcasting in HD ("The Nine" is supposed to be in HD but was in SD; "Dateline" on both NBC channels also was in SD.) The only program that was broadcasting successfully in HD was "CSI: NY" on CBS.

The locals here have been terrible for the last several days. Is there something that we can do to correct this situation??:mad:
I believe this was an error at your local affiliate in Denver not a DIRECTV problem.

·
Icon
563 Posts
kram said:

If you happen to use your HD Tivo to backup you can see if th eproblem happened over the air ?

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.