DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a HR20-700 in the family room and getting very bad pixelation on my MPEG-4 channels, primarily ESPN-ch. 206 (actually unwatchable). Other channels are not as bad but channels like TNT-ch. 245 and HDNET movies-ch. 552 (I think) are noticibly worse than their MPEG-2 counterpart.

I've had to watch these channels via MPEG-2 over the past couple weeks.

My HR20-100 in the office does not have this problem. Great picture on all channels.

Thank God for the 'Protection Plan' as someone will be coming by tomorrow to look at the problem.

But any thoughts from my D* bretheren.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Could be a number of things if it's fine on your other box:

Bad cabling
Bad BBC(s)
Multiswitch?

Have you tried the channel tests for BBCs on that 20-700?

Go 480>481>202>480>481 and check the results for each tuner for odd and even voltage.

EDIT: While you're at it, do the same on the HR20-100. You may have just been lucky by being on the same tuner over and over on your 20-100, and it may still point to cabling, switch, or even alignment or LNB.

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Canis Lupus said:

Bad cabling
Bad BBC(s)
Multiswitch?

Go 480>481>202>480>481 and check the results for each tuner for odd and even voltage.

EDIT: While you're at it, do the same on the HR20-100. You may have just been lucky by being on the same tuner over and over on your 20-100, and it may still point to cabling, switch, or even alignment or LNB.
Have not tried the channel test, but will follow your advice when I get home.

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Canis Lupus said:

Bad cabling
Bad BBC(s)
Multiswitch?

D* tech came out and tweaked the dish. All is well, just in time for the college football weekend. ESPN in MPEG-4:up:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.