DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 99(b) signal strength should be strong if you are in area that doesn't have local HD yet? Mine is very low and I was wondering if it should be higher. I am also constantly getting the "Search for signal on Satellite 1(771)" message. I've removed both B converters and swapped the satellite inputs. What gives??? I wonder if I have a bad coax line....any opinions?:confused:

·
Banned
614 Posts
rutlean said:
Does anyone know if the 99(b) signal strength should be strong if you are in area that doesn't have local HD yet? Mine is very low and I was wondering if it should be higher. I am also constantly getting the "Search for signal on Satellite 1(771)" message. I've removed both B converters and swapped the satellite inputs. What gives??? I wonder if I have a bad coax line....any opinions?:confused:
That depends... were you getting any readings on 99 on any tp's prior to this thread? If you were, then did you have any storms or high winds that may have moved your dish? Could it be your multiswitch? Do you have more than one receiver you can compare readings? Do you have the service plan, and if you do, just call DirecTV to come to your home to repair any defective switches,lnb's or receivers for free.:sure:

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, local HD isn't available in my area. Although, I am located about 90 miles south of Nashville which does have local HD.

I have actually never checked the 99(b) signal before and don't have two receivers so I don't have anything to compare it too. All of the other satellites have strongs signals though. I though 101 is usually around 95 or 96. It's the "Searching for Satellite in 1 (771)..." message that is getting really annoying. I have had to reset the box twice already today and we all know how long the setup takes.

·
Banned
614 Posts
rutlean said:
No, local HD isn't available in my area. Although, I am located about 90 miles south of Nashville which does have local HD.

I have actually never checked the 99(b) signal before and don't have two receivers so I don't have anything to compare it too. All of the other satellites have strongs signals though. I though 101 is usually around 95 or 96. It's the "Searching for Satellite in 1 (771)..." message that is getting really annoying. I have had to reset the box twice already today and we all know how long the setup takes.
It will not cost you to have the technician come back out if he didn't do it right the first time. If you had the AT-9 installed then you should get all 5 satellites, you don't necessarily need to get all transponders, but you should get the spotbeams for your area. If in doubt about what to do, just call tech support and have installer get it right. If you have the service plan it's covered. If the installer screwed up, it should be covered to get it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.