DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Godfather
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

I have read lots of the posts here, but I cannot find an answer to my question. I have life line cable. In tivo, I simply could toggle back to it with the TIVO turned off. The basic cable went into the tivo. I set up the HR20 in similiar fashion, but I cannot figure out how to get there. The OTA setup does not seem to be made for SD analong cable feed, but rather antennas. Please help:confused:

· Banned
63 Posts
stoutman said:
Good Morning,

I have read lots of the posts here, but I cannot find an answer to my question. I have life line cable. In tivo, I simply could toggle back to it with the TIVO turned off. The basic cable went into the tivo. I set up the HR20 in similiar fashion, but I cannot figure out how to get there. The OTA setup does not seem to be made for SD analong cable feed, but rather antennas. Please help:confused:
The HR20 is not engineered to handle cable tv signals. You can't use it as an antenna. The HR20 uses ATSC OTA tuners for the antenna input on the back of the unit. HR20 is not QAM capable at all. Only ATSC Over the Air. Keep in mind the ATSC tuners in the HR20 are Digtal signals only no analog!

· Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
As long as your TV has the appropriate tuner built into it, then yes you can run that cable directly into your TV and pick up the channels it gets.

· ke6cdn
424 Posts
stoutman said:
Thank you for saving me tons of misery. I use HDMI cables, therefore I could put the analog cable into tv?:confused:
Should work, give it a try.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
stoutman said:
Thank you for saving me tons of misery. I use HDMI cables, therefore I could put the analog cable into tv?:confused:
If your TV has an NTSC tuner in it, then yes you could hook up that cable line directly to the TV as a backup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.