Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Godfather
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***Please take a few seconds and vote in the poll - so we can try to get some actualy %'s. *** Thanks!
Does your HR20 record as expected.
I just wanted to see the general concesus on the recording end of things...
No dual buffers, OTA, or FF/RW issues, just basic DVR funtions.

·
AllStar
87 Posts
2 HR20's one records everything as expected and the other does 70% of the time

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Weekly recording problems. They can be be in any format and they can be either unwatchable/unplayable or are the partial bug.

47 items in my prioritizer

·
Icon
770 Posts
Your poll doesn't have any middle ground. Your choices are either there are no problems at all or they are occurring daily or weekly.

Most of the time, my recordings are fine. I finally experienced one of the black screen recordings earlier this week, but it was the first one since I got the unit on 10/9. I rebooted the box at the time, but I think it's only the second time. I've had some problems with the Season Link not recording something it should or recording something in SD that should have been recorded in HD. For some reason, the HR20 stops recording about 30 seconds before the HR10 does and we either miss the last part of the next week's preview or miss it completely.

My problems are more with the clumsy trick play features that are inconsistent and just plain annoying. And I do think those are basic DVR functions.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Only use the HR20 for Mpeg4 HD locals. Weekly problems with those.

16 items in prioritizer, 24 on the todo list.

Since the unit has been so flaky, I use a SAT-T60 for SD Mpeg2 and an HR10-250 for Mpeg2 HD.

·
Godfather
420 Posts
I answered no problems at all because daily/weekly doesn't fit my situation. I got the partial bug once and had a NFL ST game deleted.

·
Godfather
313 Posts
I couldn't vote. Nothing fit my situation. 2 recordings lost in 6 weeks and I only record MPEG4 stuff about 2-3 times a day

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I can't respond to the poll because the categories don't work for me.

No choice was available to those who don't have MPEG-4's, and so any response that doesn't reflect that as a choice biases the results. To say I don't have MPEG-4 recording problems is true...but I don't have MPEG-4's...kinda silly don't ya think...yet the data will reflect MPEG-4 working fine. No point in responding.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
No problems recording or playing back anything here on Build 0xe3. Same with the last release with pixelating 30 second slip (0xDC?). Based on what I've read here, I wouldn't pad any recordings.

No "partially" recorded/completely unplayable recordings either.

Now I'm jinxed. :eek2:

·
Godfather
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you guys think we should scrap this Poll and try a different approach?
What Poll questions about basic DVR functions do you feel are the most helpful?
I thought 10 choices was alot, but it's hard to cover every scenario..
Some have MPEG4 locals, some do not. I don't record much SD material at all, so I was curious to see if the same record/playback problems occured with them, (I don't there are many problems w/ SD).
Maybe, just ignore the Poll and do like others are doing, just Post your setup and experience???
That seems to be the most helpful...

Enjoy the day of NCAA football!!! (if you're in to that sort of thing) :)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Per the OP's request...
I am closing the thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.