DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mentor
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I have wired Cat5e network at home. I have HR21-700 in my living room.
I moved a HD Receiver H23-600 to my basement. Both of these receivers are connected with wired network.

I was not using H23-600 for 6 months so it had lost authorization. I called DTV and got it enabled. I tested and network and it did show that it was connected to the network.

I went to HR21-700 and Opted in to Multi Room.
I named the location.
I shared the list with all room.
When I look at the status it shows "No networked DVR Found"

When I go to the H23-600 and press List I don't see any shows.
The software version on H23-600 is 0x434d as it was not being used.
The guide says that the software version should be 0x4395 or higher.
Could this be the reason why I can't see the shared list on this receiver.
How can I force it to download the latest software.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
"
How do I download?
1. Restart your receiver. Using the remote control, select
Menu -> Parental, Fav's & Setting -> System Setup > Reset -> Restart Receiver ({DASH} to confirm)
2. When the reset process starts, the blue LEDs on the front of the receiver will turn off
3. Once the LEDs on the front of the receiver come back on OR the first blue screen is displayed, whichever occurs first, enter this special code from your remote control: 0 2 4 6 8.
4. After a few more seconds, you should see a screen indicating that the 10-20 minute download cycle has started.
"

Opt in and see if that gets you going.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Yep, the software on your H23 is too old for MRV.

In addition, at current, MRV is an open and free Beta service. It will become a paid service (no one is certain how much it will cost, but's likely to be in the range of $2.99 - $4.99/month on your account), and at that time, it's also unclear whether Directv will require new DECA-based coax networking equipment, or whether they will allow existing ethernet solutions to work.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
veryoldschool said:
You'll need to wait for the software to be "pushed" to you since there is no version right now that you can force a download and have MRV .
nevermind, didn't see that it was H, not HR

·
Mentor
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hdtvfan0001 said:
I would recommend the OP read this post before proceeding with any other network investment or efforts on MRV:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2378094#post2378094
I don't have access to this link for some reason.
I only spent $8 for a network cable. I had a unused HD Receiver that I moved to my unfinished basement where I work out.

Thanks for the instructions to update H23 I am downloading a software update right now. I hope that is all I need to get MRV going.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
hehateme said:
I don't have access to this link for some reason.
I only spent $8 for a network cable. I had a unused HD Receiver that I moved to my unfinished basement where I work out.

Thanks for the instructions to update H23 I am downloading a software update right now. I hope that is all I need to get MRV going.
Sorry....

In a nutshell, the advice was given not to go out and invest in any network improvements or equipment until such a time that DirecTV announces what it will take to run MRV, and what they will support.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
hehateme said:
I didn't realize the second receiver was an H, not an HR. I don't think the right software is out, you will just have to wait for the next national release.

·
Mentor
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I read on the DirecTV MRV forum that that DTV began rolling out the new release for H2X receivers a few days ago. Most people are expecting that it should become available to all of us in a few weeks.

At the moment most of the MRV beta testers have 2 DVR's. I thought the primary benefit of MRV was that I don't have to have a DVR in each room I can just share it.

I will keep on looking for a software download and will share my experience when the new software release with MRV becomes available.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
hehateme said:
At the moment most of the MRV beta testers have 2 DVR's. I thought the primary benefit of MRV was that I don't have to have a DVR in each room I can just share it.
There are several benefits of MRV; in my house it lets me share programming among and between five DVRs and a standalone receiver. Consequently, I have a LOT more stuff recording around the house, and a bunch of movies I like, all of which I can watch from wherever I like, and a lot fewer duplicated recordings.

·
7 Posts
I'm not sure what to say. I know when I downloaded it I went through two forced downloads in a row because I hadn't received an update for some time. The first download got me to 0434 and then the next got me to 43a5.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
karmbrown said:
I'm not sure what to say. I know when I downloaded it I went through two forced downloads in a row because I hadn't received an update for some time. The first download got me to 0434 and then the next got me to 43a5.
I'm not sure what to say either since the last time that version was streaming was 2/22.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.