DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Icon
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a swm-16, with multiple HR units. I also have an R16-300 which has a single coax coming in. I'm going to move the R16 to another room and replace it with a to be ordered HR unit. Can I simply connect the existing single coax into the new unit? Also, how many units can function off of the swm-16?

· Icon
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"NR4P" said:
SWM16's can handle 16 tuners. HR2x's = 2 tuners each. HR34's=5 tuners each.
Looks like you have plenty of extra capacity.

For a SWM system a box can be moved to any other coaxial position.
Wow, that was quick, thanks! Only one of my receivers need a DECA attached?

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
NR4P said:
SWM16's can handle 16 tuners. HR2x's = 2 tuners each. HR34's=5 tuners each.
Looks like you have plenty of extra capacity.

For a SWM system a box can be moved to any other coaxial position.
To add: only eight tuners can be connected to a SWiM output, so with a -16 that has two, you can have two groups of eight.

· Icon
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"samrs" said:
H/HR 20/21/22/23 require decas.

H/HR 24/25/34 dont require decas, they have them built in.

D12/R16 require band stop filters.
Thanks again for the quick responses. Actually I recently had a problem with my R16-300 not being able to get the correct channels. The tech came and removed the band stop filter and that fixed the problem. Strangely the previous R16-500 had worked fine with the filter.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
Bajanjack said:
Thanks again for the quick responses. Actually I recently had a problem with my R16-300 not being able to get the correct channels. The tech came and removed the band stop filter and that fixed the problem. Strangely the previous R16-500 had worked fine with the filter.
The BSF is to block the high level DECA signal from causing the SAT tuner to distort from being over driven.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.