DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a TS360 hooked up to my projector and a six year old RCA box hooked up to a SD 27" CRT. I'm replacing the CRT with a HD LCD and am looking to upgrade the RCA box to an HD box.

I'm not that familiar with the new equipment so I have a few questions. Is the H20 the basic HD box now? If I get that would they automatically upgrade my dish from the 3 LNB to the new 5 LNB dish? If I want local's in HD on my projector I would need to upgrade my TS360 also, right? I go OTA there now but reception is spotty. If I call customer retention will I be able to get a better deal than $99 per box? That seems pretty high considering it seemed like people were getting the HD DVR boxes for under $200.

thanks for any help.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
folocity said:
I currently have a TS360 hooked up to my projector and a six year old RCA box hooked up to a SD 27" CRT. I'm replacing the CRT with a HD LCD and am looking to upgrade the RCA box to an HD box.

I'm not that familiar with the new equipment so I have a few questions. Is the H20 the basic HD box now? If I get that would they automatically upgrade my dish from the 3 LNB to the new 5 LNB dish? If I want local's in HD on my projector I would need to upgrade my TS360 also, right? I go OTA there now but reception is spotty. If I call customer retention will I be able to get a better deal than $99 per box? That seems pretty high considering it seemed like people were getting the HD DVR boxes for under $200.

thanks for any help.
Yes, the H20 is the box you want. Directv will install a 5 LNB dish for you. It (and the HR20 DVR) are the only models which will receive MPEG4 locals. As to getting a better deal than $99, they only way to find out is to ask. Some people seem to get them, others do not (just as with the HR20).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.