DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Now I don't have a timer set for it, since I usuall watch it "live" or set one manually for the rare times when I am out... BUT... IF I had set a timer on my ViP622 for new episodes of BSG, it *should* automatically be set for Sunday night now right? I would verify it of course, but just curious to see if it would work the way it is supposed to. Unfortunately I don't have an old timer existing already to test the theory, since I know any new timer I define today would be correct.

· I am one too!
1,201 Posts
I will be by the channel tomorrow night. Assuming the Indy/Colts game does not run long. If so then I'll watch it afterwords. I have BSG timer set for any "new" ones on my 622. I set it up last season and just looked and it is scheduled to record Sunday at 9 pm. Wonderful box that 622!

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
What confuses me is... if it has been doing poorly in the Friday night ratings... why move it to Sunday night? That seems like a bad night too.

But the bigger problem is that most people don't know this show is on nor how good it is. NBC/Universal/SciFi really do not promote the show very much. Reruns are hard to find during the off-season for folks that are new to the show and want to catch-up... so it is very easy to forget the show exists... plus, as I said folks that haven't watched it really can't get a good idea of what the show is about from the rare previews.

So ultimately only the die-hard fans watch it, and we will follow to whatever night it comes on... but it would be a shame to lose a good show because of lack of exposure.

· Charter Gold Club Member
22,099 Posts
HDMe said:
What confuses me is... if it has been doing poorly in the Friday night ratings...
why move it to Sunday night? That seems like a bad night too...
Friday nights are still considered tv ratings black holes by the suits at 30 Rock. An
out-dated holdover attitude from the 1970s when the family traditionally piled in the
family heap and drove down to the drive-in theater, K-Mart or the local rib shack.

Sunday evenings, on the other hand, are considered the time when families come
together to relax and regroup after a hectic round of weekend activities and before
the start of a challenging new week.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Nick said:
Sunday evenings, on the other hand, are considered the time when families come
together to relax and regroup after a hectic round of weekend activities and before
the start of a challenging new week.
The problem with that, as it relates to BSG... is that BSG is a decidedly adult show. Ok, older kids can watch it... but I wouldn't classify it as "family" fare given the violent and sexual nature that it often takes. Mind you I'm not offended, but it is not typical Sunday night "family" programming.

Seems to me BSG would do better earlier in the week if Friday was doing badly. Then again, I always thought it was doing well on Friday so I probably don't know much!

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
UKintheUS said:
I would Say make the most of the show while you can its ratings have slipped again on Sunday nights.
If true, that confirms what I was thinking... that an adult-natured show like this wouldn't play well on Sunday nights. Usually it's a bad sign when a network starts moving a show around anyway, making it hard for new viewers to find.

I hope this doesn't go downhill fast. It's a good show if they could just keep it in one place and actually advertise for new viewers to come watch!

· Godfather
400 Posts
Sunday nights at 9 pm sucks. I have to get up early for work, I wish it was on at 8 instead. Also I see we get a new episode in 2 weeks, WTF, it just started the new season and already we get them skipping a week.:mad:

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
skidog said:
Sunday nights at 9 pm sucks. I have to get up early for work, I wish it was on at 8 instead. Also I see we get a new episode in 2 weeks, WTF, it just started the new season and already we get them skipping a week.:mad:
Next week is the superbowl... and with BSG having lower ratings already anyway, I'm sure they assumed even lower ratings if they went up against the superbowl next Sunday night... so they are probably doing the show a favor by skipping that week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.