DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I have had them... (see my boxes are not magical).

But before you give up on them...

FF into the program... at least up to the first tick...
Then hit play, and wait a few seconds...

If playback starts... use the jump to start. (Hold down the jump back button for 3 seconds), you should be good to go.

I have had to do that with three of my recent recordings under 0xEB and 0xEF
Worked all three times.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
None of mine from Thursday night/Friday could be FF or RW (or Skip-to-Tick) at all - all immediately had the Keep/Delete dialog pop up. All those I've made since the red-button reset I had to do have been fine.

·
AllStar
61 Posts
LameLefty said:
None of mine from Thursday night/Friday could be FF or RW (or Skip-to-Tick) at all - all immediately had the Keep/Delete dialog pop up. All those I've made since the red-button reset I had to do have been fine.
I had the same exact problem on recordings on Friday - showed up on the play list, went to play, and only the keep/delete dialog box came up in the lower right of the screen. Could not even get to the program to ff or rw.

Did a reset, and tried to record something today, seemed to be working ok.

·
Legend
113 Posts
I'm not usually asked to delete, but my screen stays black and like those above, I cannot ff at all. The command tries to work, but the program does not progress past the beginning. I've tried all combinations/commands. Definitely worth a shot though. Thanks for the headsup!

Sully

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
That never worked with any of my unwatchables. I tried ff, holding ff, slip, holding slip nothing ever would get them to play.

FYI, I have not had unwatchables under 0xFA. Out side of the lockup on day one and the outstanding question if my manual record setup for Sunday and if the autorecord for Purdue is going to work, all is going well under 0xFA, the most stable release for me to date.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
If playback starts... use the jump to start. (Hold down the jump back button for 3 seconds), you should be good to go.
So Earl, is this yet another for the list of "uncommon" UI features between the HR20 and R15? Holding down the jump back button on the R15 (10E8) does nothing other than keep jumping back. It doesn't "jump to start".

Is DTV aware of this discrepency between the units? How may other's are there?

·
AllStar
65 Posts
My unwatchables have only offered Delete or Not, but resisted any attempt to move through them.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wolffpack said:
So Earl, is this yet another for the list of "uncommon" UI features between the HR20 and R15? Holding down the jump back button on the R15 (10E8) does nothing other than keep jumping back. It doesn't "jump to start".

Is DTV aware of this discrepency between the units? How may other's are there?
IIRC... I thought they added the Jump to Start with the limited release builds.. Once the GUI stabalizes a bit between the two units, they have all intentions of making the GUI function similarly in both enviornements.

However, as long as the two are being written by two different teams, and are both still in a state of "flux"... there is going to be differences.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
IIRC... I thought they added the Jump to Start with the limited release builds.. Once the GUI stabalizes a bit between the two units, they have all intentions of making the GUI function similarly in both enviornements.

However, as long as the two are being written by two different teams, and are both still in a state of "flux"... there is going to be differences.
Correction.....

Earl said:
However, as long as the two are being written by two different teams, on two different platforms, using two different OSes, and are both still in a state of "flux"... there is going to be differences.
Bolds added by me. That's a statement I'd agree to.

·
Icon
731 Posts
I have had great success (if I get the black screen) hitting prev channel.. then prev again... then wait... only lost ONE for real... the rest all play fine.

·
Legend
193 Posts
I haven't experimented w/these yet.. wish me luck. I have one pissed off dtv tech (my bf) telling me these are all worthless & that he has switched out several already.. I in return scream.. "my god no!! it is a software issue.. damn, one less hr20 for someone who is on the priority list!" who says I don't take work home w/me.. eek..

Yes, I finally got one.. but I don't ever get to watch what I record because someone else will sleep w/remote in hand. LOL

I'm going to go hit that lovely red button right now..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.