DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 467 Posts

·
Armchair Referee
Joined
·
529 Posts
According to another message board, beIN Sports may be on the sports pack for English based packages and any mas package. The details are not clear right now though.

DirecTV has been real good with carrying La Liga matches in the past few years, I hope that will continue because I'm becoming a huge Barcelona fan.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
59 Posts
espnjason said:
According to another message board, beIN Sports may be on the sports pack for English based packages and any mas package. The details are not clear right now though.

DirecTV has been real good with carrying La Liga matches in the past few years, I hope that will continue because I'm becoming a huge Barcelona fan.
+1 :icon_bb:
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
124 Posts
espnjason said:
According to another message board, beIN Sports may be on the sports pack for English based packages and any mas package. The details are not clear right now though.

DirecTV has been real good with carrying La Liga matches in the past few years, I hope that will continue because I'm becoming a huge Barcelona fan.
Source?? or is this just speculation??
I've been following them on twitter and they haven't said anything yet....

ben
voodoo
 

·
Armchair Referee
Joined
·
529 Posts
shyvoodoo said:
Source?? or is this just speculation??
I've been following them on twitter and they haven't said anything yet...
Something like this wouldn't be on twitter until it is a fact. I found out the tidbit from the BigSoccer message board.

link to posting
 

Attachments

·
AllStar
Joined
·
124 Posts
espnjason said:
Something like this wouldn't be on twitter until it is a fact. I found out the tidbit from the BigSoccer message board.
Who/What are the "tells"?? The Comcast Cable guy??
Look we all want this channel(s), lets wait until Aug. 1st and lets go from there..

ben
voodoo
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
227 Posts
espnjason said:
Something like this wouldn't be on twitter until it is a fact. I found out the tidbit from the BigSoccer message board.
Please tell me you are not using Oliver as a reliable source here. You do realize he's almost always wrong, and even when he's right, it's likely just a mistake on his part?
 

·
Armchair Referee
Joined
·
529 Posts
TJNash said:
Please tell me you are not using Oliver as a reliable source here. You do realize he's almost always wrong, and even when he's right, it's likely just a mistake on his part?
That's why I said the details are not clear right now. I don't know of him as well as you do on the Big Soccer board. But I was clearly surprised he was able to pinpoint the packages beIN was going to be on.

Please don't hang me on this issue, I want beIN to be on D* just as bad as any soccer fan here.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
I would love these channels. As a soccer fan, this is a must-have channel. :) Not that I can watch it an awful lot due to the time differences, but catching a game in the weekend is nice!
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
58 Posts
espnjason said:
That's why I said the details are not clear right now. I don't know of him as well as you do on the Big Soccer board. But I was clearly surprised he was able to pinpoint the packages beIN was going to be on.

Please don't hang me on this issue, I want beIN to be on D* just as bad as any soccer fan here.
Its ok. Oliver aka Huhe has made many people believe in his far-fetched stories. Basically he is the story of the biy who cried wolf. That he has been wrong so many times we basically don't believe him anymore.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
671 Posts
Sorry for going a bit off topic, but does anyone know how long D* has a contract with Gol TV? This channel seems like a waste of bandwdth and $$$ at this point.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
227 Posts
espnjason said:
That's why I said the details are not clear right now. I don't know of him as well as you do on the Big Soccer board. But I was clearly surprised he was able to pinpoint the packages beIN was going to be on.

Please don't hang me on this issue, I want beIN to be on D* just as bad as any soccer fan here.
Not hanging you at all. As for pinpointing packages, we could all do the same. Of course be-IN will be part of the Sports Pack if they cut a deal. I hope D* also cuts a deal with be-IN.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
361 Posts
shoplifter said:
GolTV still has the Bundesliga, and quite a bit of South American stuff going on. Losing La Liga certainly didn't help it, but there's still enough content. Whether it survives is another question entirely.
I think GOLTV was founded as a way to bring Central/South American soccer to the US spanish speaking audience. I think they are still accomplishing that mission even with losing La Liga.
 

·
Armchair Referee
Joined
·
529 Posts
juventuz said:
Interestingly, over on one of the DISH forums they're saying that beIN Sports is showing up as testing. Is there any way for someone here to check one of the birds?
He goes by Sixto, just follow this thread.

Just so you will understand, if any channel shows up as testing on DirecTV, it would launch a week or two later in most cases.

We would prefer the August 1st launch date although it isn't worth the effort if not much will be shown live at first. With that said, the real target date should be the 8th since channels usually launch on a Wednesday and the first live match is scheduled for August 10th when the French Ligue 1 has its opening match.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
Rebollos said:
Any news? I heard Directv will carry these channels, but nothing official yet.
Typically with DirecTV, they don't announce anything, and DirecTV employees aren't allowed to reveal anything..... until about 48-24 hours before the actual launch.

More often then not, we will find out through Sixto's reports whether a channel is in test before we find out anything official from DirecTV.

With NEW channels, an announcement may come sooner than e.g. an existing channel launching in HD.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
750, 751, 752 are now in the guide. It looks like 750 will be an Olympic Mix channel , 751 will be Soccer and 752 Basketball.
 
1 - 20 of 467 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top