DBSTalk Forum banner

Which recording methods work most reliably for sports programming?

• Recording the event 'box' straight through the guide?

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still continuing to experience random deletes of pre-set recordings of NFLST Superfan HD games AND local Sharks HD hockey games.

Everything looks fine in the "To Do" list prior to game time, and I can even see the event start recording properly (with the 'R' next to it) in the "MyVOD" list after start time. But when I come back to watch the event later that same night, the recording is completely gone from "MyVOD" and shows in the "History" as either 'Deleted' or 'Partial'. Plenty of disk space and NO ONE in household made the delete (I even hid the remote!).

Strange thing is this almost never happens to non-sports programming. Has happened 15-20 times for sports events in past 2 months, but maybe only once or twice to regular prime-time type shows (always HD broadcasts). But needless to say, it's pissing me off to the point that I'm starting to wonder if a sledgehammer to the HR20 might improve its reliability.

So I'm curious if people could tell me which recording method has given them the most consistent performance and the least amount of trouble for sports events (especially for NFLST in HD):

1. Selecting the entire event through the guide, and then sometimes padding the ending time to account for possible overtime. Usually NFLST does not need that padding though because they allocate huge windows of time for the game (like 4.5 hours!)

2. Doing a Manual recording of the specific channel and time-frame, outside of the guide.

Thanks for any replies, info, or suggestions anyone can post.

And BTW, should I have any reason to hope the next software download might continue to address and improve this problem?? The last one (0xE3) improved this problem a little bit, but certainly not entirely!

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Watch it just enough delayed so you catch up to live before the channel goes dark. Obviously not the answer for many people, but it's worked for me.

This coming weekend will be the first weekend I won't be home to do that, so I'm praying I don't lose my recording.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
Using an HR10-250. :( Sorry, I also know this isn't viable for many people. I've stated that I like the promise of the HR20, but it is not a stable box yet.

Tom

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one else has anything to add to this? I can't believe I'm the only one completely fed up with these mysterious random "Deletes". Can't anyone offer a suggestion or two?? Or even a comparable letting-off-steam rant....?!!?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.