DBSTalk Forum banner

Which versions of Windows were the best of all-time?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Mentor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could consider certain versions of Windows to be the best of all time, which versions would they be?

My picks would be Windows 98, XP, and 7. These three versions were refinements of pre-existing versions (95, 2000, and Vista) and improved on them by making them more stable.

A NOTE TO MAC USERS: Please do not make any comments such as "All versions of Windows sux" or anything similar.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Win7 because I really haven't had a single problem with it on several laptops.

·
Icon
897 Posts
Seven has been great then XP.Windows Me was an abortion!!! When windows 3.? was out I was using IBM os/2. It was the bomb at the time.

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
spartanstew said:
Dorkiest poll ever.
I can make it dorkier: Windows for Workgroups 3.11 is missing, and that's where networking became completely functional.

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
I have to go with Windows 7.

I think I might still have my disks for Windows 286. It was the first version I ever had. I ran it on a Gateway 2000 286 machine. I had a hard time getting used to the mouse at first. I was so used to the keyboard. I learned as many of the keyboard short cuts as I could find...I still use some of them today. Although, my mousing skills are greatly improved. :grin:

Mike

·
Old Guys Rule!
5,053 Posts
Me was an abomination. I quickly removed it. Vista isn't much better, certainly not an improvement over XP.
I voted Windows 7, but still have some computers around the house that can't go beyond Windows XP.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.