DBSTalk Forum banner

Which versions of Windows were the best of all-time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
I have to go with Windows 7.

I think I might still have my disks for Windows 286. It was the first version I ever had. I ran it on a Gateway 2000 286 machine. I had a hard time getting used to the mouse at first. I was so used to the keyboard. I learned as many of the keyboard short cuts as I could find...I still use some of them today. Although, my mousing skills are greatly improved. :grin:

Mike

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
Laxguy said:
HOooollly Cow! I noticed the Mac screen's countdown was actually working, and sure enough, it "restarted". So it's not just a collection of screen shots, it's a working model - nostalgia city.

BTW, I voted "none" in the poll......:D
It's pretty cool, showing all those different Windows/OS2/Mac, etc. I got the link from a friend.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
Nick said:
What about "Bob"? :sure:
Bob lasted about four and a half minutes...that is unless someone bought a GW2K. IIRC that was the only PC maker to bundle Bob. :grin:

Back in my Usta-B-in-IT days, we were beta testing Win95 and saw a demo of Bob. At first everyone honestly thought it was just a joke...it had to be right?!? Then we were told Microsoft would be releasing Bob soon and would retail for $100. :eek2:

PCMag (or was it PCWorld) had it in the top ten worst tech of all time. Right up there with Windows Millennium and Sony's rootkit CDs (how did anyone at Sony actually think that was a good idea). :lol:

Mike

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
Nick said:
"What about Bob's" was the name of a local restaurant in McAlester, OK. I went there once with my son and his family, and have the mug to prove it. ;)
It was also a pretty funny movie. :D

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.