DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving from my current house that I just sold to temporary rental housing. I will be in the rental for about 3 months and will be using Time Warner. After the 3 months of being a tenant, I'll move into a newly-built home. I need to figure out what to do with my DirecTV account. I have 6 DVRs ranging from HR20 to HR23 and have whole-home DVR via my network (unsupported). I am not currently under any commitment. In the newly-built house, I want to use the DECA system.

Should I just cancel my service and start over at the new house in 3 months? Or do I suspend my account, store my DVRs and have DirecTV come out and do the Dish/DECA/etc install at the new house when it is time to move in?

Thanks for any advice!

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
Unless you have a significant other that would be able to sign up under their name and get the new customer deal you are most likely better off suspending your account and storing the receivers until you move into your new home.

Otherwise you are possibly going to have to shell out full price for all of the receivers when you sign back up (6 * $200 = $1200).

· Hall Of Fame
3,914 Posts
Not sure if you could get a new customer offer after 3 months. Although if you are a good customer, they will swamp you with "Come back" offers. If you go with a new offer, you may have to dish out some upfront money for several of those DVR's. Maybe you can get 2 free, but the rest may be $199. So it may be better to just do a movers connection.

On the other hand, if your interested in the new HR34 HMC DVR, then it might be worth trying to get a new or "Come back" offer.

· Legend
104 Posts
"joealtus" said:
I am moving from my current house that I just sold to temporary rental housing. I will be in the rental for about 3 months and will be using Time Warner. After the 3 months of being a tenant, I'll move into a newly-built home. I need to figure out what to do with my DirecTV account. I have 6 DVRs ranging from HR20 to HR23 and have whole-home DVR via my network (unsupported). I am not currently under any commitment. In the newly-built house, I want to use the DECA system.

Should I just cancel my service and start over at the new house in 3 months? Or do I suspend my account, store my DVRs and have DirecTV come out and do the Dish/DECA/etc install at the new house when it is time to move in?

Thanks for any advice!
Suspend your account and about a week or so prior to moving into your new home call and set up the installation. With the move order the whole home set up and get the DECAs installed, which no receivers to be replaced there will be no new commitment...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.