DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
AllStar
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BestBuy.com now claims that the HR20 is NOT backordered but rather, "Usually ships in one business day."

Anyone believe that? Do they have stock? Should be order from them?

A DirecTV CSR just told me that if I can find one, they'll install the AT9 dish for me for free.
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
459 Posts
WinstonSmith said:
I just bought one.

I'll keep everyone updated.
Did it ever ship out? I was just checking their website and it showed stock at a store near me -- I called them, and got the usual "just sold the last one." They still claim to have them online though, so I went through the ordering process. Never got a warning that it was out of stock, so we shall see if it actually ships.
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
459 Posts
WinstonSmith said:
Mine did indeed ship.

UPS says its scheduled for delivery on Monday.
:up: Thanks for the info! Looks like there's hope for me yet. It's interesting to check out the Best Buy website and check for availability in local stores. As of yesterday, I found four stores within 100 miles that claimed to have it in stock. One-by-one, they started disappearing. Today, they all say "unavailable."
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't been able to find one in stock anywhere.

I tried my zip code and all sorts of random ones from all over the country (NY, LA, etc.) and couldn't find any.

I guess they're hard to get. Four weeks ago a buddy of mine found two in a store but only bought one. He said that by the time he was checking out, the other one had been sold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,583 Posts
WinstonSmith said:
I haven't been able to find one in stock anywhere.

I tried my zip code and all sorts of random ones from all over the country (NY, LA, etc.) and couldn't find any.

I guess they're hard to get. Four weeks ago a buddy of mine found two in a store but only bought one. He said that by the time he was checking out, the other one had been sold.
Yep. I just checked a bunch of BestBuy stores and none seem to have any in stock. But the Web site still shows In Stock (Ships in 1 day).
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
459 Posts
litzdog911 said:
Yep. I just checked a bunch of BestBuy stores and none seem to have any in stock. But the Web site still shows In Stock (Ships in 1 day).
And incredibly, here on a Sunday night, they (Best Buy) just sent me a UPS tracking number. I ordered it through their website yesterday. So, I guess it really is a-comin'! :hurah:
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
459 Posts
Yes, but it's sitting on my living room floor. I'm mounting it on a pole, and I am currently waiting for the piece of pipe to arrive. I thought I would have that done before the HR20 got here, but now it looks like it'll be the other way around.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
VJ, mine arrived today from BestBuy.com via UPS.

It was originally scheduled for Wed, but then updated to arrive today (they updated the ETA last Friday.) Then, here it is.

I called DirecTV and they claim there will be someone out here this Friday from 1-5 to install the AT9 dish. We'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,583 Posts
WinstonSmith said:
VJ, mine arrived today from BestBuy.com via UPS.

It was originally scheduled for Wed, but then updated to arrive today (they updated the ETA last Friday.) Then, here it is.

I called DirecTV and they claim there will be someone out here this Friday from 1-5 to install the AT9 dish. We'll see.
Congratulations! What satellite dish and receiver/DVRs do you have now? You could activate the HR20 yourself using your current dish. You just won't get the MPEG4 Local HDTV channels until your AT9 is installed.
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
721 Posts
litzdog911 said:
Congratulations! What satellite dish and receiver/DVRs do you have now? You could activate the HR20 yourself using your current dish. You just won't get the MPEG4 Local HDTV channels until your AT9 is installed.
I found out the hard way how important the dish is! CS and tech support both told me I had the 3LNB dish - i bought and activated the box and didn't get the HD channels (even tho they were showing up in the guide). Then I went outside and looked at the dish - round 1 LNB. New one should be in place this Friday tho.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top