DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another post triggered a thought--probably been mentioned before but will go ahead. This product now has a significant population of users--All with differing technical abilities and levels of patience.

What if D* offered a subset--who knows maybe a 1-3 thousand folks to be designated as a limited release version tester--and update their findings in a message board---maybe that would satisfy the both the techo geeks and curious early adapter types AND those that prefer stability over functionality introduction.

By this I do not mean in any way that D* would do any less testing, only that they might get a better stream /higher quality of information back and maybe be able to introduce feature updates at a faster pace. I think I might consider to volunteer--as long as I could alternately back out to the normal release version in case a shaky version is out there. Anyone else think that would work?

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Sign me up. I've formally beta-tested software before and I'm not as emotionally wrapped up in my entertainment as some others appear to be. I'd love it.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
Wait...when did we get upgraded to beta testers? Last week we were all alpha testers! ;) Did I miss a memo?

I did send a note to the customer support email address offering to be a beta tester. They indicated they didn't need anymore at this time.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.