DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is the list of channels for the Big Ten Network overflow games for 9/6.

Date Time Visitor Home SD HD
6-Sep 12:00pm ET Florida International @ Iowa 618 618-1
6-Sep 12:00pm ET Eastern Illinois @ Illinois 620 620-1
6-Sep 12:00pm ET Northern Colorado @ Purdue 623 623-1
6-Sep 12:00pm ET Eastern Michigan @ Michigan State 617 617-1

· Hall Of Fame
4,743 Posts
GlennDio said:
How many more weeks before this settles into the same channels each week? or is this where they will always be? or will it never settle into certain channels?
ive read once RSN realignments are done eventually later this fall the alternates will probably be 608, 609, 611, 612, 615.

· Hall Of Fame
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GlennDio said:
How many more weeks before this settles into the same channels each week? or is this where they will always be? or will it never settle into certain channels?
A few more weeks

· Legend
249 Posts
Satelliteracer said:

Maybe this will change as the year goes on, but why they have any more than 2 HD subchannels on the overflows is beyond me. This will make the 2nd straight week of 5 BTN games at 11a CST/12p EST, and only 3 of the games will be in HD (main channel, and 2 overflows).

The SD games are shown in a 480p/16x9 format, but really worth an HD subchannel for that? I watched a couple replays of the SD games on the main BTN channel early this week, and the PQ was very un-eye pleasing. The Akron/Wisconsin & WKU/Indiana games were pretty much big red blurs.

· Hall Of Fame
1,212 Posts
HD30TV said:
The SD games are shown in a 480p/16x9 format, but really worth an HD subchannel for that? I watched a couple replays of the SD games on the main BTN channel early this week, and the PQ was very un-eye pleasing. The Akron/Wisconsin & WKU/Indiana games were pretty much big red blurs.
you need to get a better set then. I was flipping back and forth between the ohio state game and the akron game, and was pleasnatly surprised with the 16x9 480p on my pioneer 5070 plasma.

· AllStar
62 Posts
Why aren't the other 2 games in HD?

I thought that the Big Ten Network was broadcasting everything in HD? Are they turning into CBS now?

According to their site, the 9/13 there are 4 12:00 games on the BTN and all of those are in HD...why did they choose two this weekend to broadcast in SD?

· Hall Of Fame
4,743 Posts
jasonp5 said:

I thought that the Big Ten Network was broadcasting everything in HD? Are they turning into CBS now?

According to their site, the 9/13 there are 4 12:00 games on the BTN and all of those are in HD...why did they choose two this weekend to broadcast in SD?
"theyre cheap people".
-dr.clove from "the odd couple".

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Satelliteracer said:

I just checked my guide for that date/time and the Iowa game isn't showing yet. It shows "The Bank Job" -HD for a few hours before game time, and then it shows To Be Announced. Only two days before game time and it isn't in the guide yet? I wanted to set it to record so I wouldn't forget....and now I have to rely on my memory to get it done....hardly the purpose of having a DVR, eh?:)

· Hall Of Fame
4,743 Posts
hasan said:
I just checked my guide for that date/time and the Iowa game isn't showing yet. It shows "The Bank Job" -HD for a few hours before game time, and then it shows To Be Announced. Only two days before game time and it isn't in the guide yet? I wanted to set it to record so I wouldn't forget....and now I have to rely on my memory to get it done....hardly the purpose of having a DVR, eh?:)
today just set a manual recording for saturday channel 618-1 (if u want hd) from 11:58am until 4:30pm.

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
hasan said:
Just set a manual recording or set it record to be announced.

· Hall Of Fame
2,844 Posts
jasonp5 said:

BTN has never done 5 games in HD at the same time. Last year and last week were the same for early season games, 3 HD & 2 SD.

Once Big Ten match ups start, there will be less games and all will be in HD.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
spartanstew said:
BTW, the Iowa game is showing up on my guide.

Is the -1, the HD channel?
Yes it is (it wasn't when I posted initially). Recording is set. I know I could set a manual record...the point being, I shouldn't have to with a program guide that is supposed to dynamically go out more than a week.:)

Obviously, this is a moot point now. ;)

(thanks for the heads-up on the appearance in the guide!)

· Godfather
325 Posts
jleupen said:
Anyone know what the Big Ten Overflow channels are these days?

Thanks!
There aren't any overflow stations this weekend. Here's Saturday's schedule from BTN's website:
NU @ IOWA 12:00p ESPN Classic
MSU @ IU 12:00p ESPN
MINN @ OSU 12:00p Big Ten Network
WISC @ MICH 3:30p ABC
PUR @ ND 3:30p NBC
ILL @ PSU 8:00p ABC

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.