DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a pic of a Bird Dog satellite meter which if look on the display shows the Ka / Ku band on it... Click on it for higher resolution.

Attachments

·
Legend
165 Posts
It just knows how to switch. You are still looking at the 119. It's KU. Unless they come out with settings for the 99 or 103, then it's not "seeing" KA.

·
Legend
165 Posts
True the Accutrac III is awesome for the AT9. But, that said, it's pretty much only for the AT9. I align DN dishes and a fair amount of FTA, which IMO the Birdog does a very good job on.

I typically get 95-100 on most transponders using the Birdog on AT9's. The instructions and my personal experience are that you only need to see the 101 and 119 and then follow the dither instructions.

·
AllStar
92 Posts
I was going to buy the Birdog, it is a great meter, but the $400 price tag is hard to justify to someone like me who doesn't do installs on a regular basis. But, since I am an Installaholic, I will probably buy one anyway.

Lowry

·
Legend
165 Posts
You can get a used one off eBay for closer to $300.

Lowry666 said:
I was going to buy the Birdog, it is a great meter, but the $400 price tag is hard to justify to someone like me who doesn't do installs on a regular basis. But, since I am an Installaholic, I will probably buy one anyway.

Lowry

·
Godfather
336 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
Below is a pic of a Bird Dog satellite meter which if look on the display shows the Ka / Ku band on it... Click on it for higher resolution.
Hey that is what the installer used on Sat to setup my AT9.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.