DBSTalk Forum banner

Birdog problem with sat *95

716 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Birdman79
Any of you techs having problems with the birdog locking on sat *95?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Nope. It is just very very touchy. Make sure you get the 'found' first then tweak it to get about 60-80 in the quality. Make sure you use ' KV Galaxy 3C 95 West '
Actually, it's "KH Galaxy 3C 95 West". The TPs in use by DirecTV are horizontal polarization, not vertical.
I always use KV. Works fine. I've seen people use both :lol:
Mertzen said:
Nope. It is just very very touchy. Make sure you get the 'found' first then tweak it to get about 60-80 in the quality. Make sure you use ' KV Galaxy 3C 95 West '
I know it's very touchy,i do about 3-6 a month,but in the past week i haven't been able to lock on the sat,i just peak the *101,tilt the dish to 105 degrees(for our area)and it comes through.We have other techs that have the same problem :confused: .
Mertzen said:
I always use KV. Works fine. I've seen people use both :lol:
I use both. Usually get one up to about 80 and the other up to 99.
Maybe try updating the Birdog Software?
i had some problems with the 95 not reading on my Birdog, I think it was a software file issue in the meter. I downloaded the SMW settings and fixed the problem.

Have you updated the meter lately. That is what cause mine to get screwed up.
gen2rx7 said:
i had some problems with the 95 not reading on my Birdog, I think it was a software file issue in the meter. I downloaded the SMW settings and fixed the problem.

Have you updated the meter lately. That is what cause mine to get screwed up.
i had it updated 3 months ago.I am going to give it a try today.
Telstar12 said:
i had it updated 3 months ago.I am going to give it a try today.
Seems to me that is when the problem started with mine. When you update make sure to d/l the SWM 101 & 119.
gen2rx7 said:
Seems to me that is when the problem started with mine. When you update make sure to d/l the SWM 101 & 119.
SWM101,119 was already downloaded ,didnt have a problem till recently.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top