DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Legend
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I just came home to find my HR20 had locked up...yet again...trying to record Prison Break off the local MPEG4 FOX station. Had to do a red button reset, lost the recording. When will D* fix this POS?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
686 Posts
Why can't you understand that you are an early adopter and that you actually asked for this? Expecting a service you're paying good money for every month to work is just plain unreasonable.

Just remember the glass is half full also, if you tried recording Full House or the Golden Girls it might work fine.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
matto said:
Why can't you understand that you are an early adopter and that you actually asked for this? Expecting a service you're paying good money for every month to work is just plain unreasonable.

Just remember the glass is half full also, if you tried recording Full House or the Golden Girls it might work fine.
Just ask a certain HDTV fan.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,535 Posts
matto said:
Why can't you understand that you are an early adopter and that you actually asked for this? Expecting a service you're paying good money for every month to work is just plain unreasonable.

Just remember the glass is half full also, if you tried recording Full House or the Golden Girls it might work fine.
Could you direct me to where to find Golden Girls. I miss that show.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
420 Posts
Please note, the following is an attempt at SARCASM.

I'm sorry you are having problems YankeeFan, but my box has worked flawlessly from the get go, not one missed recording or hiccup. Even when recording sports subscriptions! The ones with good boxes are in the majority don't ya know. There are only about 200 bad boxes out there. Did you check your cables, that might be the problem, or try reading the maual. And please in the future don't be so vitriolic in your posts it does nothing but cause noise and makes it harder to fix peoples real problems. :D
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
488 Posts
Holly crap Batman the sarcasm meter is off the scale. Phasers set to kill! Fire!:icon_hroc

Seriously, I feel for you. I am one of the lucky ones with very little trouble, bordering on none, with the HR-20. I would suspect it’s time for you to get a replacement. Something is seriously wrong with your unit. I have been following most of the problem threads and you are at the top of the problem list. At the very minimum I think you should not be paying for the lease or service during your down time. Good luck.
 

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Don't you guys ever get tired of just complaining? If you're all so unhappy, toss your boxes and switch services. Life's too short, folks.

Meanwhile, those of us without serious problems will go right on enjoying our TV and DVRs.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
217 Posts
LameLefty said:
Don't you guys ever get tired of just complaining? If you're all so unhappy, toss your boxes and switch services. Life's too short, folks.

Meanwhile, those of us without serious problems will go right on enjoying our TV and DVRs.
Why read the forums, much less post, if you're having no problems? I thought you were going to enjoy your TV and DVR.
 

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
ktabel01 said:
Why read the forums, much less post, if you're having no problems? I thought you were going to enjoy your TV and DVR.
If I were home right now I sure would. :)
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
420 Posts
Don't you guys ever get tired of chastising and deriding the complainers? At least I understand the complainers point of view. If you don't have serious problems, great I'm glad for you. Please do go away and watch your really sweet Samsung 56 inch DLP 1080p TV with your fantastically nearly flawless HR20-700 DVR. :)
 

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
wakajawaka said:
Please do go away and watch your really sweet Samsung 56 inch DLP 1080p TV with your fantastically nearly flawless HR20-700 DVR. :)
No. :D
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
189 Posts
LameLefty said:
Meanwhile, those of us without serious problems will go right on enjoying our TV and DVRs.
You forgot to stick your tongue out and yell "nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyaaaaaah-nyah."

:nono2:

And there are people on this forum that wonder why the discussions here turn heated and sometimes nasty.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
262 Posts
Too bad Yankee fan...that was undoubtedly one of the best and most critical Prison Break episodes of the year...

I will not spoil it for you, as you can download it on Fox....Good Stuff...

But, way to go D*....some up there loves you :(
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
420 Posts
Marcia_Brady said:
You forgot to stick your tongue out and yell "nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyaaaaaah-nyah."

:nono2:

And there are people on this forum that wonder why the discussions here turn heated and sometimes nasty.
When I read his post I totally had the "nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyaaaaaah-nyah" going through my head. You KNOW he did too...:D

BTW LameLefty, MINES BIGGER, 61 inches :) But only 720p :(
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wakajawaka said:
Did you check your cables, that might be the problem, or try reading the maual. And please in the future don't be so vitriolic in your posts it does nothing but cause noise and makes it harder to fix peoples real problems. :D
Dude, do you work for D* tech support? Because that's exactly the same line I would expect from them...check the cables, read the manual...bla bla bla.

As a matter of fact I did RTFM, funny I didn't find the section that covers what to do when the box CRAPS OUT and does not respond, I must have a defective manual also.

As for being vitriolic, I will be as vitriolic as I damn well please! The problem I'm having is a REAL problem, and D* needs to do something about it.
 

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
It's not the size of your screen, it's how you use it. ;)

Look, I'm not saying people don't have problems. Clearly they do. But if you look around and see where people are posting from, there are some obvious geographic clusters. Saying, "I have this problem on this channel while doing this activity" is much more helpful than just basically screaming into your computer, don't you think? That is, if the goal is to get a 100%-reliable DVR. If the goal is merely to stir up crap, then screaming into the computer is fine.

Which is really what my first post in this thread is about. There are some folks that ALWAYS show up and join the rant threads, who do nothing but basically say, "Me too! SOBs at D*! *******s!" blah blah blah. It's the same group of people and damn, it gets tiresome.

You know, it really is just TV. It's not famine, pestilence, world peace or cancer fer chrissakes. If people are really that unhappy, switch! Dump the box! Setup a Linux box and run MythTV for free instead. Get a standalone Tivo box. Something but endless *****ing.

Unless of course endless *****ing is really what they want to do.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
262 Posts
wakajawaka said:
I'm sorry you are having problems YankeeFan, but my box has worked flawlessly from the get go, not one missed recording or hiccup. Even when recording sports subscriptions! The ones with good boxes are in the majority don't ya know. There are only about 200 bad boxes out there. Did you check your cables, that might be the problem, or try reading the maual. And please in the future don't be so vitriolic in your posts it does nothing but cause noise and makes it harder to fix peoples real problems. :D
For your sake, I hope this was a sarcastic post...as if not, your a fricking drillrod...

200 bad boxes!!!??? Check your cables??? Who do you think we are, a bunch of high school kids working the drive up window at Arbys? I am guessing Yankee Fan, like myself, is the cream of the crop in terms of D* customers...

I hope you experience problems....as my guess is its only a matter of time before your machine hiccups...hopefully it wont be in the middle of a Sunday Ticket party that requires several red button resets like it was for me...(or hopefully it will be so you can get of your damn soap box)

You post is like telling a guy just diagnosed with cancer, "well, too bad for you, but I dont have it, so deal with it."
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
189 Posts
LameLefty said:
There are some folks that ALWAYS show up and join the rant threads, who do nothing but basically say, "Me too! SOBs at D*! *******s!" blah blah blah. It's the same group of people and damn, it gets tiresome.
And the same group of D* apologists show up as well.;)

Do ya think that if some of the downloads actually helped to fix the problems people were having, they might not continue to complain?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Maybe the OP should send the box back to DIRECTV and switch to that wonderful cabletv service and wonderful cabletv DVR. Even better yet go out and pay $800 for that buggy Series3 TiVo.
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top