DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
Hr20's are still in tight supply be patient in less than 6 months the supply should increase and they will be more willing to honor you free exchange. Right now they can sell every unit they produce why should they make them FREE?
Check that TV antenna before the weather degrade too much even if you are in N.C. it won't be getting much better.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
deuce01 said:
kaysersoze,
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to wait until the first of the year and just split the OTA signal between my HR10 and TV. Maybe by then they'll have some in stock and I can get the HR20 for free.

cybrsurfer,
Do you think the 75' (maybe 100') cable is too long? I can cut it down significantly but don't want to do that if it doesn't matter.

Thanks!
If you can shorten the cable do it, it will decrease signal loss. Don't split the signal a two way splitter has 3.5dB of signal loss that means slightly less than half the signal will get to each tuner. You could try adding a 15-25dB signal amp to improve the carrier signal. I still say make an attempt to maximize the signal captured by the TV antenna. If it has moved slightly it will decrease the digital signal, if fittings have corroded it will decrease the signal. It all adds up.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.