DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
deuce01 said:
I do get most of my locals OTA. However, when the 6.3a software was released I swear it broke my OTA reception. None of them work well now and they were great before the upgrade. I haven't gotten on the roof to see if the antenna shifted (two-story house) but I am going to plug the connection directly into the TV tonight and see if the reception is better. If so then I'll know for sure.
Don't feel alone there. I noticed the same with one of my units but it took a long time to nail the OTA signal problems to the 6.3a upgrade. I've since gone back to 3.1.5 and my OTA signal is back to normal and FOX audio dropouts are gone.

If you're at all comfortable with pulling a HD and putting it in a PC you may want to look into the InstantCake CD from http://www.ptvupgrade.com/products/instantcake/. Get the version for the HR10-250 with 3.1.5f. I've not used this, I had my own mfstools backup, but I understand once you hook up the CD and drive correctly in your PC it's a simple matter of getting the good ole 3.1.5 (slow as it is) working.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.