DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I should just stop trying to watch Mets/Cards games, but I have seen this happen on an episode of the Simpsons. For some strange reason, I am getting a really odd red/blue ghosting that you can see below.

I have only seen it happen on my MPEG4 HD Fox affiliate. I have checked other HD (mpeg2 and mpeg4) and they are fine. I have checked the SD version of this FOX affiliate on my HR20 and on my direcTIVO and they look fine. I have also checked my OTA Fox HD feed (via the TV's OTA tuner) and it is fine watching this exact sequence.

Anyone have any ideas or anybody else experience this? It doesn't happen all the time, and it is only with Fox 26.

Attachments

·
DBSTalk Club Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the kicker -- it stopped about 10 seconds after 10:00pm my time and the picture looked perfect again. I can rewind in the buffer to before 10pm and it is ghosted ... ffwd past 10 a few seconds and back to great. (Shortly after the program guide switches from mets/cards to local news, although the game is still on.)

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
I have not seen that with my local MPEG4 Fox station here in Cleveland nor have I seen that with the MPEG2 feed I get out of NYC via Fox 5 on Channel 88. Very strange.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it at least isn't the local station feed, because I switched over and checked that FOX affiliate on my TV's OTA hd tuner. No problems. Gotta be dtv's mpeg4 conversion, or specific to the box.

·
Legend
122 Posts
Yea ... my son thought it was some cool new 3D feature they came out with just for baseball. He grabbed a pair of 3D glasses to see if it would work, but unfortunately, it didn't. :hurah:

ejb

·
Legend
181 Posts
"Field of Dreams"

·
Legend
122 Posts
Slyster said:
Its the satellite signals bouncing off buildings.

(JK) :)
Naah ... I am still thinking it is some secret new 3D technology that DirecTv is developing to put cable out of business once and for all. Check your next bill. It will contain a super secret set of 3D glasses and a decoder ring. Not sure if the ring will be an MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 decorder ring though. :D

ejb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.