DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:scratchin This morning I did a reset to try to fix the problematic CC (This action was posted in another thread). It did not fix CC....however something else weird happened.
When I was changing channels between HD and SD channels the resolution changed between 480i and 1080i. Since I had the HR20 set for 1080i I was abit confused. I checked "native" and it was turned off ...hmmm. :confused: So I turned it on and to my surprise it switched to 1080i and stayed there no matter if I was on an SD channel or HD. Okaaay.....so I switched it off and..yep..it now jumps between the two resolutions.
I think the reset invoked the opposite Bizzaro Dolby spirits to possess my resolution adjustments.:nono2:

I hope I'm not going nuts.:grin:

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
If you're using HDMI, try resetting with both ends of the cable unplugged. Use component, S or composite. Upon successful reboot, check your resolution issue. If it's working, you can return to HDMI. That worked for me when this happened.

·
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Canis Lupus said:
If you're using HDMI, try resetting with both ends of the cable unplugged. Use component, S or composite. Upon successful reboot, check your resolution issue. If it's working, you can return to HDMI. That worked for me when this happened.
I am using HDMI. Thanks! I'll give that a try.....glad to know my machine is not possessed.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,479 Posts
IIRC, it is a known issue that the native mode switch is inverted.

·
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
harsh said:
I never noticed it until today.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
harsh said:
No, it was not Native mode that was reversed, it was DD for some people. It was never reversed for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.