DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AllStar
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got another black screen, unplayable recording tonight (actually, two of them.. :mad: ). NCIS and the Unit. Neither will play at all.

On the NCIS recording, underneath the progress bar, it has something that looks like this:

-20:-3

and under the Unit it has:

-21:3

Any idea what this means?
And are others getting things like this?

I thought the bad recordings were a thing of the past. I guess not...

·
Icon
752 Posts
mknoebel said:
So I got another black screen, unplayable recording tonight (actually, two of them.. :mad: ). NCIS and the Unit. Neither will play at all.

On the NCIS recording, underneath the progress bar, it has something that looks like this:

-20:-3

and under the Unit it has:

-21:3

Any idea what this means?
And are others getting things like this?

I thought the bad recordings were a thing of the past. I guess not...
when did they record before or after the update??

·
Icon
752 Posts
mknoebel said:
They were recorded tonight. And they were recorded from my local CBS-HD MPEG4.
I am assuming you have the update(forced it) and that both recordings happened after such...am I right?

·
Godfather
304 Posts
Same for me here in Atlanta on the MPEG 4 HD feed!!!
Trying to watch The Unit gave the BSOD - this has been happening since the 0xd8 software.
This is getting ridiculous!!!
I forced the latest update 0xdc, and so far things "DO NOT" seem any better.
Actually they seem worse, trying to watch Leno HD and I can't even FF, it's all pixelated and I have to use multiple 30secskips just to move thru the buffer...UNREAL!!!
I will be calling DTV tomorrow and raising cain.

·
AllStar
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually didn't realize there was a new software version out tonight. I just checked and mine is still Oxd8.

I also just checked another recording from my local CBS HD and it has this under the status bar:

-1:-40

So that's 3 recordings that won't play in two days.

·
Godfather
304 Posts
jbstix said:
Trying to watch The Unit gave the BSOD - this has been happening since the 0xd8 software.
Actually they seem worse, trying to watch Leno HD and I can't even FF, it's all pixelated and I have to use multiple 30secskips just to move thru the buffer...UNREAL!!!
Also wanted to mention, I tried to reboot thinking it may "fix" the problem, but after reboot, the recorded show was'nt even in myVOD! good grief this sucks
This was prior to update
C'mon DTV, you have got to get your act together, this is ridiculous.

·
Icon
763 Posts
I recorded CSI Miami last night, I also recorded a couple of other shows, they played all right but CSI was just a black screen with -14 -3.
I did a red button reset & lost it but it still shows in history as recorded.
This is the first recording I lost with my HR20 & this happened before the update.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
jbstix said:
If you're connected with HDMI...try the red reset first...see if it corrects your issues....then, if not...call. Go get 'em Bulldog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.