DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this might be an already identified problem (And I'm sorry to clutter the Forums if it is). But (honestly) yesterday was the 1st time I ran into this one and I’ve had my HR20 since October.

I came home from work yesterday around 5:00 PM to find Black screens. However, I could access the menus. Any previously recorded show also ran a black screen. I re-booted (RBR) and when it finished everything was back to normal.

Around 11:00 PM I downloaded release candidate 115, without Any Problems.

This evening when I returned home from work, again Black screens. Again, I rebooted, this time using the Setup/Reset menu option and when it came back up all was fine.

Is this one of those already identified problems with the HR20?
Maybe I just don’t recognize the symptoms to relate it back to a previously defined name.

I don’t think the problem is a release candidate software problem, because I first saw it while using 010B. And now I’ve seen it using 0115.

Any idea(s)/thoughts?

I'm afraid to goto work, if I always come home to a Black Screen and Reboot. (I wonder if my employer will buy that one)?

Bill

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
That's the Black Screen Bug (BSB). I haven't read all the threads, but you are the only other person besides myself to report it with 115.

Please report it in the issue sticky thread at the top.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
mtnagel said:
That's the Black Screen Bug (BSB). I haven't read all the threads, but you are the only other person besides myself to report it with 115.

I did. I recorded Wedding Crashers and all I got at first was the "keep or delete". After a reboot, it was black screen for the entire show. No pic, no sound.

·
Mentor
35 Posts
mtnagel said:

I also came home tonight to find black screens on all but a couple of my local channels. All the shows recorded today were recordings of black screens. I never had this problem in the month since I have had the HR20 until downloading the 115 code on Monday night. I will try the reboot and see if that gets my channels back.

·
AllStar
68 Posts
I also got my first "black screen of death" since owning my HR20 for about 3 weeks today. I was watching a bunch of stuff all day I had previously recorded and when I was done, black screen on all channels and I couldnt turn box off.
I had to reset with reset button to get it working again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.