DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Legend
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess I asked for a little too much. I called DTV to ask if they can give me something to stay on because DISH was giving me a better deal to switch. Was transferred to retention, the rep came on, was nice, sad she would review the account. Well she came back, VERY mean and said no more free credits or programming.... It was noted that if someone gives me a freebie, they will periodically review my account and remove... How nice!!! I guess they realize they got my for 1 more year on my commitment. Sad... So now i am blackballed even though I am a good customer for over 5 years... Oh well.. Any suggestions?

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
I've been getting free stuff about every 3 months for the last 8 years. I guess the difference is that I've never asked for anything free and have never mentioned switching to another provider.

· Legend
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
inkahauts said:
Ah, how often have you called in in the past and asked for credits, etc? please list them all...
HAHAAHAHA, you don't wanna know.... The last supervisor I talked to after the meanie, was REALLY nice... She went over the entire account with me from day 1 4 years ago. She said I got the most she has ever had but hey, I was never late with payments and with competition, DISH, CABLE, you think they would still do everything to keep a great customer.. Also, I had credits for refer a friend and screwups that installers did. Gave me something for the issues I had but THAT was not noted.

Oh well...

· Registered
24,401 Posts
dcanesdbs said:
HAHAAHAHA, you don't wanna know.... The last supervisor I talked to after the meanie, was REALLY nice... She went over the entire account with me from day 1 4 years ago. She said I got the most she has ever had but hey, I was never late with payments and with competition, DISH, CABLE, you think they would still do everything to keep a great customer.. Also, I had credits for refer a friend and screwups that installers did. Gave me something for the issues I had but THAT was not noted.

Oh well...
If you have had that many.. then lets be honest... Your way ahead of the game anyway, and there is no need in my opinion for them to offer you anything else. No offense, but you're no more special than anyone else, so if they say no more, how about just being loyal for once rather than trying to squeak out some more money from them... Its true the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but after a while, if the wheel never stops squeaking no matter how much oil its given, it will simply be replaced... And do you really want someone else services?

· Registered
5,670 Posts
Sounds like you've been taking liberal advantage of free credits and reached your limit. It happens. DirecTV is in the business of selling a service, not giving it away.

If they offer you a deal, that's one thing, but calling to beg for freebies needs to be ended.

· Godfather
435 Posts
dcanesdbs said:

Oh well...
Oh well -sounds like they're on to you….Maybe try hitting up some of your other service providers - Call the electric company and tell the you're thinking about switching to solar Maybe they'll kick down some free megawatts!

· Legend
238 Posts
So he is punished because he took off work and the installers decided they were to busy to show up. <---- Just an example. I am sure the credits did not make up for his lost wages. I don't know why the CSR were mean to him, they should have just told him none were available. Getting credits to make up for DTV screwups does not make you a bad customer, they make DTV a bad company. Be happy to be rid of them, do it, make the jump to free OTA!

· Superfly
4,572 Posts
You bet, Elephanthead! Go down to watching half a dozen channels! That will show them! :rolleyes:

Actually, when you read the OP's post, he is fully aware of the game he was playing. He got caught. Such are the way of games.

· Icon
528 Posts
Elephanthead said:
So he is punished because he took off work and the installers decided they were to busy to show up. <---- Just an example. I am sure the credits did not make up for his lost wages. I don't know why the CSR were mean to him, they should have just told him none were available. Getting credits to make up for DTV screwups does not make you a bad customer, they make DTV a bad company. Be happy to be rid of them, do it, make the jump to free OTA!
It was his choice to take a day off from work and not wait til the weekend, or his next scheduled day off. Personally, if I need an install/upgrade/service call done, I wait til a day I don't work because **** happens. D* doesn't owe him anything for lost wages.

I'm glad to see retention call people's bluffs when they threaten to cancel.

"I am going to Dish Network if I don't get a free HDDVR!!"

"Okay, you're disconnected. Bye."

· Legend
128 Posts
beavis said:
It was his choice to take a day off from work and not wait til the weekend, or his next scheduled day off. Personally, if I need an install/upgrade/service call done, I wait til a day I don't work because **** happens. D* doesn't owe him anything for lost wages.
Normally, I would agree with you. But they do have that install guarantee.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.