DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weirdest thing. I thought that moving a bad BBC solved the problem, and we were good for about 5 days, but now we are back to rebooting an HR21-100 daily.

Tonight, we saw:
1. Recording was blank early in the night (skipped right to "do you want to delete")
2. Wife tried to record the later showing and it was also blank
3. I checked signal strength on 99c (which is the sat carrying the mpeg4 channel we were watching) and it was ALL ZEROES
4. As soon as I exited from checking the signal the exact same channel was fine and went live

Net net....this better be solved soon from D* or we will be switching to comcast or E*. Worst piece of production equipment I have ever used.

2 Posts
I started noticing this issue a couple of days ago as well here in Phoenix. I just got the HR21-200 with a Slimline dish installed on 8/23, before that we had a non HD-DVR with an old single LNB dish. 0x255 software installed. This HR21-200 is the only receiver installed right now, two lines direct to the 5-LNB dish.

EDIT: 9/4/08 5:00PM MST
It just happened again and I sent the diagnostic report. The key is 20080904-E32. I was switching the channel from Spike-HD to KPNX-HD. Spike-HD was working, when switched to KPNX-HD is when I got the error. We left it on the channel while doing other things and it recovered automatically at about 5:15PM. The video came on for KPNX-HD for a couple of seconds, went back off for a few seconds, then came on steady.

· Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
absoluteevel said:
I started noticing this issue a couple of days ago as well here in Phoenix. I just got the HR21-200 with a Slimline dish installed on 8/23, before that we had a non HD-DVR with an old single LNB dish. 0x255 software installed. This HR21-200 is the only receiver installed right now, two lines direct to the 5-LNB dish.
Interesting. Similar to mine, with the exception of HR21-100s instead. One doesn't have a problem. One does. The one with the problem has been networked (but isn't currently) and has an AM-21.

· Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More similar behavior today.

I as well am seeing behavior where a channel change will result in an extended blank screen, sometimes with 771 momentarily, and then either come up or freeze.

We loved DirecTV for a long time, but it is hard to go back to not trusting your DVR. This must be fixed quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.