DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Have you tried resetting the DVR (reset button behind front panel access door)?

It would help to know more about your dish and signal readings on the various satellites, especially the 99-deg and 103-deg MPEG4 satellites that provide your HD Local channels.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of the satellite signals were in the 90's or higher. If I reset using the red button does that mean all of my recorded shows are deleted?

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
nyborn said:
I get a blank screen when changing to a local HD channel. Box then locks up and is unresponsive for about 5 minutes. Anyone know a fix?

Thanks
I had a similar experience, but different too. I had a blank screen for about 2-3 minutes when I turned on the box to a local CBS affiliate, and all of a sudden, the picture came back. Never happened before.

·
Cool Member
31 Posts
Related question about locals. I've watched the west coast feed for CBS until I got my HR20. Now that I have, my local CBS station doesn't seem to include any HD programs. I thought I read something about this a few days ago, but couldn't find it again using search.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
richardeholder said:
Related question about locals. I've watched the west coast feed for CBS until I got my HR20. Now that I have, my local CBS station doesn't seem to include any HD programs. I thought I read something about this a few days ago, but couldn't find it again using search.
Do you see 1 or two listings for your local CBS station

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
nyborn said:
I get a blank screen when changing to a local HD channel. Box then locks up and is unresponsive for about 5 minutes. Anyone know a fix?

Thanks
Did this happen today? Yesterday?
Basically I getting at, did this happen after the 0xDC release.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
richardeholder said:
I see two channels, but neither have any with the [HD] in the title.
I hae seen at times, where the HD is not in the title (that is a guide data thing)

Check out CSI at 8pm (CST) tonight, or My Name Is Earl, or ER

Those shows are all in HD

·
Icon
777 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
I hae seen at times, where the HD is not in the title (that is a guide data thing)

CSI and Earl both show HD in my guide....

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
nyborn said:

Thanks
I just experienced a blank screen/lockup issue, but not on local HD channel. Well, I can't say because I powered up the HR20 and got a blank screen, but don't know what channel I was on. My guess is it was a local HD channel. Anyway, I reset the box, and video is back, but a minute ago, the screen went blank on ESPN HD. Came back when I changed the channel.

This is all since the latest download, of course.

Funny, but nothing like this every happened before. I had the BSOD fairly regularly, but not many of the other issues.

I'm beyond getting all po'd over it, because I have two R10s recording, but it is getting a tad ridiculous now. All kidding aside, this is really a nightmare for anyone who just wanted to get a new DVR and use it.

·
Cool Member
31 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

I see the shows listed, twice, but neither shows with HD.

2 KUTV
2 SC2

My other locals list HD programs.

Could this be that the local affiliate is not broadcasting in HD via DirecTV

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
richardeholder said:
I see the shows listed, twice, but neither shows with HD.

2 KUTV
2 SC2

My other locals list HD programs.

Could this be that the local affiliate is not broadcasting in HD via DirecTV
It could be they simply are not updating the guide data correctly.

Check the actuall show.

·
6 Posts
Okay I had a HD-10 250 that started flaking out - It was replaced by the service tech with this new HD20 box. Right away it updated the software to the latest version - Everything seems to work except the following.

Upon inital startup everything work for about 1 hour - after an hour all the HD local channels lock up - Non HD locals and all non locals do not lock up... When it hangs - nothing will work for 2-3 minutes. After 2-3 minute the screen stays black but now you can change the channel and it will work as long as you are not on a HD local channel. Only way the navigate through the local is to use the guide and pick all non hd local channels. If I reset the box, everything works again for about an hour and then it is back to the same problem.

Anything that can be done?

Also should I have double channels showing for locals? an HD FOX (9) and a non HS FOX (9). Same for CBS(4), ABC(5) and NBC(11). All are duplicate - 1 HD & 1 SD.

When the above issue happens (after about an hour) - the SD channel still works so all navigation must use the guide.

If this is a defect of the HD20??

Any imput would be great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.