DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my title states; this happens when either watching or recording HD programming. I say HD, because I have not seen it happen with SD.

I had originally thought it only happened when something was being recorded because that would be when we would see several seconds a few times during a show just blank out.
Then we saw this happen as we were watching a non-recorded show. I switched over to the OTA and same thing there.
Has this been reported already?
Thanks,

·
Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
What's a blank spot? Part of the picture missing? The entire screen a single color? What color? How long does it last or do you have to reboot to get the picture back? Is the audio blank also?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
Is is a certain channel? How is your OTA signal strength? I'm wondering if maybe it's a signal issue or maybe a stream issue from the station. Does it happen on DISH provided HD channels? Please provide any detail you can so we can help you troubleshoot the root cause.

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is just a blank segment of time in the recorded show, about 3-8 seconds. I can wait or fast forward and the picture is back. Wierd huh?

It will happen with both the OTA and Dish tuners involved, but I don't know if at the same time.

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Recorded "The Fog" some time back, didn't get around to watching it for about a month. When I did, there was about 3 minutes of solid black right in the middle of the recording, no sound either. Pic and sound came back on their own. That's the way it was recorded on the DVR. Only once in four months that I've noticed.

·
RichardParker II
939 Posts
Just had the same thing happen to me on a recent recording. Maybe five or ten minutes of total blank, no sound or picture, scanned forward til the pic came back.

I wonder if this is a new 'feature' of the latest software release? Never happened before.

·
AllStar
70 Posts
I had this happen tonight for the first time... not a recording though... live local CBS through Dish (not OTA).

Sound was still there... just the pic would go blank for 1-3 secs.

??? I keep an eye out for more.

Ron

·
Hall Of Fame
1,262 Posts
ASOT said:
I had this happen tonight for the first time... not a recording though... live local CBS through Dish (not OTA).

Sound was still there... just the pic would go blank for 1-3 secs.

??? I keep an eye out for more.

Ron
I've been seeing this lately too, intermittently on dish locals.

·
AllStar
70 Posts
Ok, I saw this again last night while playing back a HD OTA recording from the 622. I started the recording over and it did it again. I went out of the DVR section and back to live TV. I then went back into play the recording again and this time it worked. ???

So, I have seen it happen with live Local CBS Subscription SD and a recorded HD OTA. However, it was not recorded like that, because the recording did finally playback ok. I would think it is something to do with the 622 output?

Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.