DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have the old software but just recently on both my R-15's the blue light just swirls and swirls and doesn't stop.

Anyone else ?
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Do you have it dimmed or at full strength?

I noticed that problem, when I had the wheel partially dimmed.

I haven't tried again with the latest software version
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Do you have it dimmed or at full strength?
That could be it. I just started dimming them as I have both stacked on top of each other and they light the living room up when its dark.:)
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
Mine has done that since I got it in Jan. I've got it dimmed. If I remember correctly, someone posted that it remembers the last trick play. If it was paused, it will continue to pulse on and off. If it was FF it would continue the swirling pattern.
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
qwerty said:
Mine has done that since I got it in Jan. I've got it dimmed. If I remember correctly, someone posted that it remembers the last trick play. If it was paused, it will continue to pulse on and off. If it was FF it would continue the swirling pattern.
That is exactly what I saw when I had it dimmed.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
250 Posts
Bobman said:
That was it. I turned up the brightness all the way and it now works correctly.
So our options are to live with a useless, dimmed swirling light that doesn't properly indicate anything or keep a pair of sunglasses next to the remote for use when looking toward the R15? :nono2:
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,222 Posts
wohlfie said:
So our options are to live with a useless, dimmed swirling light that doesn't properly indicate anything or keep a pair of sunglasses next to the remote for use when looking toward the R15? :nono2:
Never underestimate the usefulness of duct tape.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,887 Posts
wohlfie said:
So our options are to live with a useless, dimmed swirling light that doesn't properly indicate anything or keep a pair of sunglasses next to the remote for use when looking toward the R15? :nono2:
You can dim it to fully off.

I have mine dimmed (still on) and had no idea it would work differently at full brightness. Another amazing example of DirecTV's software development skills:nono2:

Guess it's time to dim it all the way to off.

Carl
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
wohlfie said:
So our options are to live with a useless, dimmed swirling light that doesn't properly indicate anything or keep a pair of sunglasses next to the remote for use when looking toward the R15? :nono2:
Doesn't this sound like something that should be really easy to fix? I mean it works correctly at full intensity. :nono2:
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
qwerty said:
Doesn't this sound like something that should be really easy to fix? I mean it works correctly at full intensity. :nono2:
I think it would. It almost sounds as like the R15 thinks dim=off. The code sit gets sent to the light to do the FF, RW, or pause but since it thinks it's off it doesn't seen the code to stop it moving. And thats why it's "stuck" on what you pressed last.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top