DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
AllStar
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The blue ring thing on the front of the receiver, is there a way to turn down the brightness on that? I searched the menus and found nada. It is very bright in a dark room.

Also, one of my little blue LED's was out, the one in the 7 O'clock position. It has been out since day 1. I turned on the unit this morning and all were lit. What up with that? Is something telling me something or do I just have an LED that wasn't soldered in correcty down on the assembly line in Mexico?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
On th efront pannel.

Hold down the left arrow and the right arrow at the same time.
It will dimm.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
No... You have do it again after a reboot.

·
AllStar
77 Posts
Talking about that annoying blue light, could someone tell me why there is no clock on any D* units? All the cable units have it, and I had gotten use to it. (and more importantly the girlfriend had too)

·
AllStar
68 Posts
I like the blue light SETUP. I hate the blue lights and turn them off completely all the time, but if for some reason the box resets/reboots while you were away, you can instantly tell because the blue lights are back on again! That's an excellent alarm to know something wrong happened and to double check your recording settings just in case.

·
Icon
692 Posts
I am unable to get the Blue Ring led's to turn off by press the left/right buttons at the sametime any longer? A tech was out yesterday and he forced a download. He went outside to the dish and replaced the LNB before the download finished I think. I have since did a force download and still can't turn them off.

·
Lifetime Achiever
10,839 Posts
markrubi said:
I am unable to get the Blue Ring led's to turn off by press the left/right buttons at the sametime any longer? A tech was out yesterday and he forced a download. He went outside to the dish and replaced the LNB before the download finished I think. I have since did a force download and still can't turn them off.
Two things to try....

1) try holding the left arrow and press the right arrow.
2) if that does not work try rebooting the unit.

·
Icon
692 Posts
I figured out why I was not able to turn them off. I was on one of the 750's channels while trying to turn them off. I switched over to the Nascar race and was able to turn them off. It must have something to do with the interactive guide. I also have a 2-3 delay when pressing the guide button when on the special channels.

·
Icon
692 Posts
Next time I will not use the View my post option under quick links to update a thread. The solution to my problem was posted here 12 mins before I figured it out on my own then posted about figuring it out.

·
Legend
238 Posts
cforrest said:
Make sure you are not on an interactive channel when doing the left & right arrow on the receiver. If you are on an interactive channel the light ring will not dim at all.
Thanks a lot for posting this. Our power went out this morning and when the HR20 booted up, of course the blue ring of light was on again. I tried turning it off but it wouldn't. I was afraid that the newest software update had cancelled out the trick to shut the light off. Glad I was only on an interactive channel. After switching channels, I had no problem turning out the light.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,724 Posts
I'd put the unit on a UPS so that short term power outages don't cause a reboot. Depending on capacity of the UPS it could keep it recording for maybe an hour. Of course, any powered multiswitch would alos have to be on a UPS.

·
Legend
238 Posts
jdspencer said:
I'd put the unit on a UPS so that short term power outages don't cause a reboot. Depending on capacity of the UPS it could keep it recording for maybe an hour. Of course, any powered multiswitch would alos have to be on a UPS.
Thanks, Jdspencer. I have it plugged into a Monster surge suprressor (only bought Monster cause it was on clearance) now but I do definitely need to get a UPS. I live in an area with a lot of trees and it seems every time it storms, our power goes out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.