DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boise Best Buy - who wants an Hr-20?

4K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  mazter 
Canis Lupus said:
Good point glennb. I walked out of the store providing no information other than the swipe of my credit card. My receipt has NO information on it at all - no name or address
or anything. I'm gonna call D* and state that I bought this hardware as a backup because of their out of stock problems and see what they say.
Thats why you cannot buy the equipment from most retailers with cash unless the rules have changed to buy any DTV equipment you can only use a card which is what will the charged the non-activation if if deemed so

Canis Lupus said:
Just got off the phone with retention. I was told the hardware is totally transferrable. The only thing that matters is the access card tied to a qualified account, which even if I activated it, could still be transferred although the new "lessee" would have to reactivate their own new programming package under the terms above, and would have to get a new access card.

Retention asked me for no information regarding the BB purchase, and no information regarding my D* account. She did not make any warnings to me about either the 30-day activation requirement or the fact that I made this purchase without providing information to BB. She made no mention that BB should have asked me for specific name and address information when I purchased them.

Then we joked about the fact that it was "good idea to have a backup", and that D* doesn't really care about where the hardware comes from, they only care about making money off of subscriptions.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how D* even can enforce the 30 day activation requirement without very specific info from the lessee at time of lease.
Well to let you know lease equipment is not transferrable

Jeremy W said:
You can buy DirecTV receivers with cash at Best Buy. I have done it before.
when was this

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.