DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
He works hard at keeping himself fit. He has personal trainers who assist him in building himself.

I think the fact that he is older tells us that he doesn't use steroids. You can't be 38 and look like that. Bonds is probably the one player who doesn't use steriods. He has spoken out on drug use for many years in SFO. Bonds had hit 40 home runs consitantly before. This change in Bonds is reflected by the fact he wants to chase his godfather, Willie Mays. He relized that only be working out, could he get the way he is. Bonds was a 3 time MVP before last year, so he has the tools.

I equate bonds to jerry rice. Both these players have kept themselves in excelent shape into their later years by working out everyday. I don't disagree with your other players, but Bonds works too hard to use steroids. He has even called to steriod tests on all players.

·
Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
He's 38... You don't look like that at 38 and take steroids. He'd look much older than he does. He's 38 going on 28. Bonds isn't that big anyway. He's 6'2" 230lbs. Thats not Mark McGuire or Sammy Sosa size. He's just fit and talented. You dont' hit 500 homeruns and steal 500 stolen bases on steriods. He just has such quick bat speed that he's able to pull almost anything near the strikezone.

·
Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
Just because someone is working out doesn't mean that he's taking Steriods. Bonds was a very good player before this and he's still a good player.

Lance Berkman and Luis Gónzalez are examples of players that didn't do anything before now.

Also, Bonds doesn't crush homeruns like Sammy or Mark. His mostly just go over the fence. He rarely his over 400 feet. If he was that strong, they would be going 450 easy.

·
Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
Originally posted by Rage
He wasn't a homerun hitter his first few years. He was at one time the leadoff hitter.
I'd disagree with that statement. He was hitting over 25 hr consistently back then and that was a good total....

Bonds Stats

Heck in 1987 Jose Canseco lead the majors with only 42 homeruns. People just didn't hit as well back then (Ballparks, Pitchers, Baseballs, working out who knows what the reason is). The game was just played differently. Lets face it, he's the only 4 time MVP in the history of the game (1990,1992,1993,2001).

·
Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
He hasn't hit well in the postseason, but neither has his teams. Maybe its his fault partly, but he hasn't had much help either. I will be the first to admit that his lack of postseason experience hurts his standing as one of the greatest players of all time, but not that much. He was the best player in the 90's by far and you can't take that away. My point was that has nothing to do with whether or not he takes steroids (which I don't think he does).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.