CHANGING VOLUME LOCK
Depending on how you set up your remote, the VOL and
MUTE may control the volume only on your TV, regardless
of the position of the MODE switch. This remote can be set
up so that the VOL and MUTE keys work only with the
component selected by the MODE switch. To enable this
feature, perform the following steps:
1. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the
green light under the DIRECTV position flashes twice,
then release both keys.
2. Using the number keys, enter 9-9-3. (The green light
will flash twice after the 3.)
3. Press and release the VOL+ key. (The green light
flashes 4 times.)
Now the VOL and MUTE keys will work only for the
component selected by the MODE switch position.
To Lock Volume to AV1, AV2 or TV
1. Slide the MODE switch to the AV1, AV2 or TV position to
lock the volume.
2. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the
green light under the selected switch flashes twice and
release both keys.
3. Using the number keys, enter 9-9-3. (The green light
4. Press and release the SELECT key. (The green light
NOTE: DIRECTV boxes don't have volume control, so
the remote will not allow the user to lock volume
to the DIRECTV mode.
A forum community dedicated to digital bit streaming enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about programming, content, and reception, home theaters, displays, models, styles, satellites, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!