DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday, I had a strange new NFLST problem that I have never seen before. I realize it sounds crazy, but I swear it happened repeatedly, and I was able to reproduce it with some reliability. So here goes...

When I switched to a game feed by selecting it from -- (1) The Game Mix channel; (2) the red-button scoreboard; (3) the channel guide; or (4) typing in channel numbers -- I would get nothing but a black screen about 60% of the time. Often, I would even see the "red button for scores..." icon appear at the lower left, on top of the black screen. I waited for at least one full minute for the black screen to resolve into a picture, but it never did.

But here's the strange part -- hitting channel up and then channel down always corrected the problem, and produced the channel that had been giving me a black screen. Moreover, surfing through the games using the channel up and down buttons never gave me any problems.

This only seemed to happen for the HD games, but I didn't do that much testing on the SD channels to be sure.

Anybody else see this?

· Registered
5,952 Posts
I don't use the "game mix", but I do use the wrap around score board on NFL-ST HD and find it works perfectly. The behavior or options presented do differ depending on whether you are watching an HD channel or SD channel...but the wrap around appears to work well from my experience. I've used it every week since the season started and not had any problems with it. (I do only use it during the first time slot (noon to 3 p.m. or so)

I use it intensively during that period, often switching among 4 different games. I don't use the game mix because the resolution is so poor and the size is so small, that I really don't get much from it. I find it too "busy", as well.

The wrap around with scores, times, color coding for possession, red zone, just scored, etc. is very nicely done.

· Legend
126 Posts
I got the black screen several times without even changing channels using the Game Mix channel but entering the channel directly or using the Last/Prevous button. As you said, changing channels again solved the problem. Not ideal, but at least the machine was not locking up like it used to.

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
I'm sure this has been brought up but I can't stand when the "player stat" thing or "scores" keeps popping up. Once you say EXIT it should stay EXITED!!! I can maybe understand it coming on once at the first showing of a game because I forget it's there sometimes and it COULD be a cool feature, if it wasn't so darn annoying - much like this post!:nono2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.