DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the channel guide,this game should be going live on this channel currently.When we go to this channel,all we are seeing is a blank,black screen.No messages of any kind,just a blank screen.Any ideas in regards to what's going on with this channel?

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
I had the same problem and tuned to tuned to FSNAZ of course it was blacked out but the receiver checked if it was on another channel and 9328 SSHD test channel came up>I'm watching it right now.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
I was trying to tune to the HD broadcast of the Marlins on FSN, same thing, black and black. I went to the FSN site and there was a note that advised DirecTv customers that Aug 9 & 10 the HD broadcast would not be available due to Olympic coverage. Wonder if they are doing the same to you?

·
Hall Of Fame
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BamaDawg said:
I had the same problem and tuned to tuned to FSNAZ of course it was blacked out but the receiver checked if it was on another channel and 9328 SSHD test channel came up>I'm watching it right now.
Thanks for the reply.We are now viewing it on channel 9328 too.It looks like the backdoor is still open to some of the test channels.
:)

·
Mentor
115 Posts
I had the same problem, went to the Diamondback version of the game, and then it sent me to the channel in the 9000's.
But on a second HD receiver, when I go to I have the game on 649 , but it is in standard. It is strange on this receiver, SportsSouth is only listed as SS. On the other receiver (the one where I get the game in the 9000's), it is listed as SSHD.
When I go to channels I receive on the on I'm only getting the game in standard, SSHD is not even listed as a station I can get.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
davring said:
I suspect all this confusion is the lighting up of D11 and the substituting of Olympic coverage. Hopefully will be all cleared up on 8/14.
I agree with that thought.
BTW,did you have any success finding the Marlins game on any channels?

·
Hall Of Fame
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those that are seeing the test channel for this game,what do you think of the PQ and audio?We have it tuned in on both of our HR20-700s currently.It is being broadcast in 720p format.The PQ looks great.Crisp,sharp and clear picture quality indeed.The audio quality seems very good too.When they go to a commercial break,we have to turn the audio down,because the commercials are quite a bit louder,compared to the audio of the game broadcast.

·
Icon
695 Posts
Steve615 said:
For those that are seeing the test channel for this game,what do you think of the PQ and audio?We have it tuned in on both of our HR20-700s currently.It is being broadcast in 720p format.The PQ looks great.Crisp,sharp and clear picture quality indeed.The audio quality seems very good too.When they go to a commercial break,we have to turn the audio down,because the commercials are quite a bit louder,compared to the audio of the game broadcast.
I have watched 2 games on the Test FSN NW this weekend and the picture and sound seem stunningly good to me

·
Legend
188 Posts
Weird stuff. 649 is listed as SSHD (normally it's 649-1) on my HR20 instead of plain SS. Turned on the Show SD Duplicates in the menu and now I have both 649's in my Guide. Game available on 649 SS (Std Def) only.

I can't get 9328 at all (get the 'Doink'sound).

·
Icon
695 Posts
prospect60 said:
Weird stuff. 649 is listed as SSHD (normally it's 649-1) on my HR20 instead of plain SS. Turned on the Show SD Duplicates in the menu and now I have both 649's in my Guide. Game available on 649 SS (Std Def) only.

are you blacked out of the game anywhere at all? if so go to that channel and let game search find the test channel for you ... pretty cool actually

·
Hall Of Fame
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
prospect60 said:

Try channel 686,FSN Arizona.If you go to that channel,you should see the game search screen pop up.This is how we found the test channel earlier.
:)

·
Legend
188 Posts
GlennDio said:
are you blacked out of the game anywhere at all? if so go to that channel and let game search find the test channel for you ... pretty cool actually
Correction, went to the FSAZ 686 site and the search function allowed access to 9328 even though I couldn't go there directly. Not that it really matters with the this team -- what an
atrocious year. Luckily with PGA and Olympics the day's not been a total waste.

·
Godfather
277 Posts
Looks like they went ahead and moved the SSHD channel to 649 from 649-1. So if you have the SD duplicates hidden, you couldn't get to the 649 SD channel which is the only place the Braves feed comes through on away games.

In other words, they changed the part-time HD channel number to a full-time number, but the content was still only part-time....

Didn't know about the test channel. But on the wrong side of a 6-1 score, it all worked out for the best. :)

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
At the beginning of this season, I counted no less than 13 different channels, any
one of which the braves could appear on any given game day. One would think
that with that many channels, there would be no way anyone could miss a Braves
telecast, but not so. It seems that I have missed more games this year than in any
year since WTBS began broadcasting the games wat back in the '70s. Go figure!

:shrug:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.