DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone still getting break up on TCM? It disappeared for a while. Then today, I notice it is back. Checked the signal on the transponder and I am getting 52 or 53. That should be strong enough, not to get breakup.
I am not noticing on other channels that I watch.

·
Legend
308 Posts
It's also been happening on Sling...that strange image retention/ghosting/breakup/silvery pixellation look--whatever you want to call them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
7-31-2022 at 9:12 AM - PDT

This is a regular issue on my Local Channel 68 --> H&I out of Palo Alto, CA. (I don't get the 'National' H&I.)

My H&I on 68 routinely drops out to a full HD yellow screen. Also, I had insomnia the other night and turned on the Family Room TV at about 2 AM. I flipped through several channels to find something to watch, came across a movie I hadn't seen in years, but didn't pay attention to the Channel Number. Routinely through this movie, I kept losing the channel with a notice that 'Sat 129 has lost signal'. This repeated for more than 15 Min. so, I flipped to another channel.

[EDIT:]

Prior to dropping to the yellow screen, I get wicked pixelations, just like the two of you. Then, the screen freezes on one pixelated image, and drops to the full yellow screen.

TimeLord04

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TCM is not nearly as good as it once was. That is because all of the studios have their own streaming apps, like Disney. TCM used to run a lot of older Disney movies. Those stopped when Disney+ came out, but Disney+ has not released the vault as they said they would. No longer did TCM get access to the Disney and other movies, no one does now. I don't blame TCM for the loss. We still have TCM on Demand though via their streaming app.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,721 Posts
The same thing is & has also been happening on CNN & HLN - however it is NOT happening on these same channels via Comcast.
Sounds like there's an issue with how DISH is getting these Turner (now WBD) feeds, since Sling is having these very same issues. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts