DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to switch to Dish when I spoke to the D* retention group. After telling them about what Dish was offering they offered to give me a DVR SD no charge and a HD receiver no charge plus numerous monthly discounts that basically got me HD plus DVR service free for a year.

The thing I was hesitate about was the two year commitment with all the HD changes about to happen in the next twelve months I wanted some flexibility. I finally asked the proper question....So what will it cost me if I break the commitment. $12 bucks a month left on the outstanding time.

I am not rich by any means but $12 bucks a month is pennies compared to what "we" on this forum spend on our equipment and programming.

Bottom line: Don't let the commitment scare you off or make you stay, in the grander scheme of things get the best programing/equipment deal from whoever and see what happens in the next twelve months then if you want to change, go for it without fear you are about to pay a zillion dollars..

·
Legend
207 Posts
Plus, if I am not mistaken, instead of just canceling you can simply "suspend" you account until the contract period is over. Much cheaper than canceling, from what I have been told.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.