DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Legend
234 Posts
Ouch!

It's one heck of a game too . . . :eek2:

I just went to my first rooftop game last night. I was way cool.

· Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
Those Idiots at DirecTv must have these channels on a Timer. I checked my program guide and as soon as "Bears Blitz" was scheduled to come on we lost the Cubs Feed from Comcast Sportsnet Chicago. Bears Blitz is never seen anymore unless you are in Chicago. That's what the problem is. These sports channels must be on "Automatic" to shut off whenever these Local Shows Only come on like "Bears Blitz" That is the only thing i can think of what is going on why we lose these Feeds. Noone is actually watching these channels at DirecTv to keep them on. They must be getting shut off automatically. This poses another question. Why would that show be blacked out in the first place? This blackout insanity has to stop. What good is the sports pack if channels are to be shut off for replays and local shows we pay for in the sports pack?

· Hall Of Fame
5,510 Posts
Msguy said:
Those Idiots at DirecTv must have these channels on a Timer. I checked my program guide and as soon as "Bears Blitz" was scheduled to come on we lost the Cubs Feed from Comcast Sportsnet Chicago. Bears Blitz is never seen anymore unless you are in Chicago. That's what the problem is. These sports channels must be on "Automatic" to shut off whenever these Local Shows Only come on like "Bears Blitz" That is the only thing i can think of what is going on why we lose these Feeds. Noone is actually watching these channels at DirecTv to keep them on. They must be getting shut off automatically. This poses another question. Why would that show be blacked out in the first place? This blackout insanity has to stop. What good is the sports pack if channels are to be shut off for replays and local shows we pay for in the sports pack?
or 1 guy is looking at 10+ games at one time.

· Registered
15,592 Posts
Msguy said:
Agreed that it's most likely a computer that's been programmed for the scheduling of the blackouts. Someone though was watching since the SD feed on MLB-EI (ch 724) stayed up while the HD version (724-1) was blacked out.

I called as soon as this happened and after going through two CSR's that read chapter and verse on blackouts I asked for a supervisor who did understand the problem and she said she'd report it. I also escalated this to the customer advocate office asking that they research why this happened in the first place to try to help prevent future issues, and to also provide some additional training to the 1st two CSR's on blackout issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.