DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Legend
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having trouble watching the Denver/Kansas City game in HD tonight. Nothing is showing up on channel 95, just a black screen (no messages of any type either). Guide and info banner say the game is supposed to be on. Channel 212 has the game in SD. That is coming in fine.

·
Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Watching now on Channel 95 without problems.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
DCSholtis said:
Watching now on Channel 95 without problems.
Me too...it's doing just fine...video quality is so/so (compared to the OTA games I watched today), and Bryant Gumble is having problems with live commentary (he hasn't done it much lately and it shows).

I set a recording yesterday when it showed in the Guide and it took right off recording right on time.

I should also mention it's coming in DD 5.1 just as well.

·
1 Posts
Mine was not working. Blank. Changed channels and then back to 95. Works fine.

Ted

·
AllStar
69 Posts
I have to agree with the "Gumble" opinion. His voice just doesn't fit.

·
Legend
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went through the satellite setup and it's working now. Weird. Go figure. Shouldn't surprise me though with the way this box has been working. Thanks!

Kurt

·
Godfather
309 Posts
Mine wasn't working initially but it may have something to do with the fact that I had a manual record set on 95 (because it wasn't showing in the guide earlier). Fortunately I got home a little after 8:00 and started watching my recording...all black screen. I then exited the recording, and went straight to 95--still a black screen. I finally cancelled the recording and deleted it, and then when I went to 95 it was on. Weird.....

·
Godfather
336 Posts
Yeah next time DirecTv needs to put the info in the guide.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
hjplano said:
picture quality not that great
I agree with that...the PQ is very mediocre even for D*'s HD-Lite

The sound quality is outstanding, however. Great separation and a good mix. Now if we could just lower Gumbel's voice an octive, I could stop grinding my teeth.

·
Legend
107 Posts
hasan said:
I agree with that...the PQ is very mediocre even for D*'s HD-Lite

The sound quality is outstanding, however. Great separation and a good mix. Now if we could just lower Gumbel's voice an octive, I could stop grinding my teeth.
Is yours coming in in DD5.1? Mine is just normal surround. Strange..

Totally agrre about Gumball. Very irritating person.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
munangst said:
Halftime show isn't in HD. Lame.
jovac said:
Is yours coming in in DD5.1? Mine is just normal surround.
Obvioulsy NFL Network has some work to do to join the wonderful world of HDTV.

They clearly do not have enough cameras, and their HD broadcast truck must have limitations as well (my friend across the street with cable says he sees and hears the same thing we're seeing and hearing on D*TV - disappointing.

·
Legend
109 Posts
Carbon said:
Yeah next time DirecTv needs to put the info in the guide.
The info was in the guide for me.

The NFL network needs to get some better HD cameras. And I was afraid Gumby was going to be as bad as he was - he's nothing but a smarta$$ has-been. The Today show won't take him back after he trashed all of his co-hosts.

·
Legend
147 Posts
munangst said:
Halftime show isn't in HD. Lame.
You even bothered to watch the halftime show? I got up and left the room when I saw it was the same dude that did the halftime of the Detroit game earlier in the day.

Yeah....Gumby can go as a football announcer. And NFL Network needs to work on their signals. Didn't notice any sound problems really, but SD and HD picture left something to be desired.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.