DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
617 (temporary BTN alternate)

623 (temporary BTN alternate)

618 (temporary BTN alternate)

620 (temporary BTN alternate)



The overflow channels are going to change the next few weeks due to the RSN realignment
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
244 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
617 (temporary BTN alternate)

623 (temporary BTN alternate)

618 (temporary BTN alternate)

620 (temporary BTN alternate)

The overflow channels are going to change the next few weeks due to the RSN realignment
Any word on ESPNU-HD?
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,838 Posts
inkahauts said:
Thanks for the info.. Scattered they will be this weekend.. Curious, Why don't they just name them all 610-1, 610-2, etc? until they are done with the realignment?
The older receivers can't see the channels that have "-" in the names.

Any word on ESPNU-HD?
Take it to a thread about that topic, this is about the Big Ten Network.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
989 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
617 (temporary BTN alternate)

623 (temporary BTN alternate)

618 (temporary BTN alternate)

620 (temporary BTN alternate)

The overflow channels are going to change the next few weeks due to the RSN realignment
Thanks for the information
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,024 Posts
inkahauts said:
Thanks for the info.. Scattered they will be this weekend.. Curious, Why don't they just name them all 610-1, 610-2, etc? until they are done with the realignment?
To me that would be the simplest solution. In the end they could end up with a total of 10 Big Ten channels if needed 610 & 610-1 through 610-9.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
RobertE said:
To me that would be the simplest solution. In the end they could end up with a total of 10 Big Ten channels if needed 610 & 610-1 through 610-9.
the "channels" dont matter. channel numbers dont mean anything, they are only placeholders for a certain frequency band of the available bandwidth. just because D has channel numbers that go up to 9999 does not mean they can have 10,000 channels.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,276 Posts
jefbal99 said:
The older receivers can't see the channels that have "-" in the names.
Older receivers can't see anything MPEG-4 HD, so for the HD channels, I don't see why they don't do that... I realize that would put the sd and hd feeds on different channels, but it would still be easier for any HD customer...
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
59 Posts
dtrell said:
the "channels" dont matter. channel numbers dont mean anything, they are only placeholders for a certain frequency band of the available bandwidth. just because D has channel numbers that go up to 9999 does not mean they can have 10,000 channels.
kinda of like pointers in C, right?
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
325 Posts
inkahauts said:
Thanks for the info.. Scattered they will be this weekend.. Curious, Why don't they just name them all 610-1, 610-2, etc? until they are done with the realignment?
jefbal99 said:
The older receivers can't see the channels that have "-" in the names.
Well they could put them on 610-1, 610-2, etc. for convenience and still have them mirrored on the other channels for those with older receivers. 610-x would be invisible to older receivers and the other channels could be invisible to newer receivers in the same way that local channels in the high 800s/low 900s are invisible to newer receivers.
 

·
Beer Aficionado
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
617 (temporary BTN alternate)

623 (temporary BTN alternate)

618 (temporary BTN alternate)

620 (temporary BTN alternate)

The overflow channels are going to change the next few weeks due to the RSN realignment
:) Thanks for the update! That's what BTN's website was saying and I didn't believe them since there are channels there already. I guess they were right!

Edit: Upon further review, those were NOT the channels BTN listed. They did list alternate channels that already have programming, but not those. Sorry for the confusion!
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
290 Posts
Why in the world are we STILL slowly changing channel numbers. If D* would have just done it all at once everyone would be over it by now and the onscreen guide would not be such a disaster! Scrolling thru 40 lines of "progam to be announced" just to find one game is crazy.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
222 Posts
Interesting......I just got an email update from the Big Ten Network and here's the channels they say the games are on. Seems to be a discrepency.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 30TH FOOTBALL GAMES

Catch your Big Ten games on DIRECTV! See below for details in your area.

12:00 PM (ET) / 11:00 AM (CT)
YOUNGSTOWN STATE VS. OHIO STATE: channel 610 (SD) or 610 (HD)
AKRON VS. WISCONSIN *: channel 623 (SD) or 623-1 (HD)
MAINE VS. IOWA: channel 608 (SD) or 608-1 (HD)
WESTERN KENTUCKY VS. INDIANA *: channel 611 (SD) or 611-1 (HD)
COASTAL CAROLINA VS. PENN STATE: channel 617 (SD) or 617-1 (HD)
7:00 PM (ET) / 6:00 PM (CT)
NORTHERN ILLINOIS VS. MINNESOTA: channel 610 (SD) or 610 (HD)
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,789 Posts
Jestr40 said:
Why in the world are we STILL slowly changing channel numbers. If D* would have just done it all at once everyone would be over it by now and the onscreen guide would not be such a disaster! Scrolling thru 40 lines of "progam to be announced" just to find one game is crazy.
beause that wouldve made too much sense.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,789 Posts
diggerg56 said:
Interesting......I just got an email update from the Big Ten Network and here's the channels they say the games are on. Seems to be a discrepency.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 30TH FOOTBALL GAMES

Catch your Big Ten games on DIRECTV! See below for details in your area.

12:00 PM (ET) / 11:00 AM (CT)
YOUNGSTOWN STATE VS. OHIO STATE: channel 610 (SD) or 610 (HD)
AKRON VS. WISCONSIN *: channel 623 (SD) or 623-1 (HD)
MAINE VS. IOWA: channel 608 (SD) or 608-1 (HD)
WESTERN KENTUCKY VS. INDIANA *: channel 611 (SD) or 611-1 (HD)
COASTAL CAROLINA VS. PENN STATE: channel 617 (SD) or 617-1 (HD)
7:00 PM (ET) / 6:00 PM (CT)
NORTHERN ILLINOIS VS. MINNESOTA: channel 610 (SD) or 610 (HD)
cool.....satracer vs big10net....whats the point spread on this ?
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,838 Posts
bwaldron said:
Vegas has SatRacer a 14.5 point favorite.
Love the 1/2 point lines, no pushes :)

What's the over/under?
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top