DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an Email from DTV since I inquired about why the website states coming this fall for HD locals. Here is there response:

"We’d love to offer locals in HD to you and other customers in the Buffalo NY area too, but our satellite capacity doesn’t allow it today. However, we do plan to offer HD locals early January 2007. We’re continuing to expand our capacity, serving more cities each year, so stick with us. Meanwhile, you may be able to get your local channels in HD for free by installing an off-air antenna. An electronics store can recommend an antenna for you."

I don't want to drill anymore holes in my house to feed the OTA so I guess I'll just have to wait!!

·
Mentor
36 Posts
I called D* a couple of weeks ago and they told me 1st or 2nd week in January. I don't know how they are going to have more capacity in two than they have now. I guess we have to wait and see. I have an indoor antenna and I can get all of the local HD channels if I turn it just right so I am not in a huge hurry to get the over the sat anyway.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Customer retention still believes they already carry our locals in HD :) Every time DirecTV retention calls to try to get me back they try to tell me Buffalo locals are in HD. Locals in HD is the number #1 thing I mentioned when they asked me why I went back to cable, so they always try to push it. They also seem to think DirecTV has InHD. I’m still interested to see if they’ll have Fox 29 in HD. I wish Sinclair would get real, so we'd have WUTV-DT on cable.

·
Mentor
36 Posts
Steve Mehs said:
I'm still interested to see if they'll have Fox 29 in HD. I wish Sinclair would get real, so we'd have WUTV-DT on cable.
I believe D* has a deal with Sinclair already done and there stations are on in the markets that are already live in. So 29 will be there. WIVB is a totally different story. They are owned by LIN and they are playing hard ball with D* so we probably won't see that one anytime soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.