DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Hey Jim ,

Good news Buffalo looks promising, along with Vegas and others. You may be rid of Adelphia with in the next 2-3 months :)

·
Legend
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want to use an antenna. I want to be able to drop Adelphia Cable altogether and get my locals from Directv. It will be cheaper to get my locals from Directv than it is from Adelphia.

Adelphia charges $7.02 a month for local channels and Directv charges $6.00 a month. The differences are this:
1) Cheaper price

2) All local channels in digital. Adelphia can't do that!!

3) Adelphia's PQ Stinks.

If I wanted to use an antenna I would put one up a long time ago.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Actually, if you get TC Plus, your locals are $4.00 per month.

Also, if you get a PVR (DTivo or UTV), you'll definitely want your locals via DTV. A PVR cannot record OTA or cable signals.

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Last night I received an E-mail from <http://www.mimi-dish.com> offering some good deals on Direct TV systems. The E-mail also provided links to DTV's channel lineup and and an faq about local channels. According to the faq, Direct TV will be offering local channels in as many as 20 cities over the next three months. If true, it seems that Buffalo would almost have to be on the list.

The faq also states that "these additional markets will be served by our satellites at the 110- and 119-degree WL locations. The signals for these satellites can be received with the DIRECTV PLUS TM System or the DIRECTV PARA TODOS TM System."

What exactly does that mean? If we do get our locals in Buffalo, will my current receivers, a UTV in the family room and DirectTivo in the living room allow me to view the local channels? Or would I have to invest in all new equipment? Thanks in advance.

G

·
Does anyone know what beam the Buffalo local channels are broadcast on? I saw a list of beams (below) that said that Buffalo is broadcast on a national beam from 119, rather than a spot beam, but I am on the edge of the Buffalo DMA and I cannot receive the signal with my Multi-Satellite system. Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.tivofan.com/directv/cities.html

·
Hall Of Fame
3,918 Posts
Buffalo is not on a spot beam. If you have an elliptical dish, check the signal strengths on the 119 satellite (otherwise known as SAT B). If the 119 satellite reads zero, you have a problem.

If you can't see the NASA channel, you have a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.